Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Adjusting Back After Thanksgiving
Mom2Two 10:52 AM 11-27-2017
Anyone else feeling like their dck kinda regressed over Thanksgiving?

My dcb1 (hates change, very clingy) was sick before Thanksgiving, so after a week gone, he is back to crying if anyone leaves the room.

DCB5mths was mad at being offered a bottle, and didn't seem to know how to relax into a nap.

I hope it goes better with the pm crowd!
storybookending 11:03 AM 11-27-2017
My youngest dcb1 is whiney and irritable today. The girls are fine but if one of them looks at him wrong he’s crying. Only 4 of my 6 attend on Mondays.
midaycare 11:35 AM 11-27-2017
My youngest, 11 months, cried a lot at nap times. You know, the whole "my world is ending" type of cries. But she came back walking, so it has been a cool day
ColorfulSunburst 11:45 AM 11-27-2017
it seems I am lucky one. My kids are doing well. 11 of 12 are here
Blackcat31 11:47 AM 11-27-2017
Originally Posted by ColorfulSunburst:
it seems I am lucky one. My kids are doing well.
Same here!

But then again Tuesdays are my Mondays so if anyone asks tomorrow, I will more than likely have a different answer.
Mom2Two 11:47 AM 11-27-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
she came back walking, so it has been a cool day

Yeah, the 16 mth old came back taking a few steps too. It's awesome to see them make progress.
CityGarden 11:55 AM 11-27-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Same here!

But then again Tuesdays are my Mondays so if anyone asks tomorrow, I will more than likely have a different answer.
Are you off on Mondays....?
AmyKidsCo 08:24 PM 11-27-2017
Oh heck yeah!

But then I realized that even if I'd worked on Friday we'd still have Monday today so it was worth that day off.

Mondays are always hard - tomorrow will be a little better and Wednesday even better yet. By Friday they'll be back in the swing of things...
Blackcat31 07:51 AM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
Are you off on Mondays....?
Oh no.... I wish!

My kiddos all seem to come back in a weird funk on Mondays and are quiet and seemingly happy to be back.

Tuesdays they all seem to be whiney and ornery.

I think it takes all of Monday to remove the after affects of the weekend...
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 08:32 AM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
My youngest, 11 months, cried a lot at nap times. You know, the whole "my world is ending" type of cries. But she came back walking, so it has been a cool day
My infant came back doing "end of the world cries" for nap... BUT he took two solid naps instead of 3 iffy ones. . My 14 month old forgot how to play or sleep without constant 1:1, I'm hoping we relearn quickly.
Pestle 08:40 AM 11-28-2017
Screaming fits, not eating, not napping. . . and these are my good kids.
CityGarden 09:55 AM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Oh no.... I wish!

My kiddos all seem to come back in a weird funk on Mondays and are quiet and seemingly happy to be back.

Tuesdays they all seem to be whiney and ornery.

I think it takes all of Monday to remove the after affects of the weekend...
Actually I have children nap 30 minutes earlier every Monday because it seems they get no sleep on weekends, LOL!
storybookending 10:13 AM 11-28-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
Actually I have children nap 30 minutes earlier every Monday because it seems they get no sleep on weekends, LOL!
I have a 3 year old that doesn’t nap at home at all. Mom says she just can’t get her down because her and her brother nap at different times and share a room. Idk mom they nap at the same time here no problem, although in separate rooms as the 1 year old cant be trusted in a toddler bed quite yet. Anyways said 3 year old is almost always the first one asleep.

One out sick today so still not everyone back from break together. Still only my newly 1 year old giving me problems. He popped a tooth sometime between 5PM last night when he left and 10AM this morning when I checked him and I feel another one that is so close to popping through. We are still cranky as heck today. On at least 10 different occasions I watched another child walk near him, not even touching him and the water works started. It’s whineypants city for him this week so far.
Tags:after thanksgiving, thanksgiving
Reply Up