Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>E.A.S.Y. Method
thecrazyisout 08:58 AM 10-04-2011
Hi there,

Anyone every use the easy method with their infants? I have a new three month old that does not use this and is not on a schedule. If you have used it, what are your thoughts and advide?

Thanks...
SilverSabre25 09:10 AM 10-04-2011
I don't know that I've heard of it...can you elaborate?
thecrazyisout 09:40 AM 10-04-2011
The babywhisperer has several books out and one of my parents used it prior to having their children in my care. It is Eat Activity Sleep Yourself time. It guess it helps with a routine...... I Was hoping to see if anyone has every transitioned a child to this. THANKS
lpperry 09:58 AM 10-04-2011
The EASY method is awesome. I used it with both of my kids. I use it for every infant that comes to me. I use shhpat for infants too because no daycare infant that I have ever had was able to sleep independently. Easy and shhpat has worked on every child I have/had except for one. The one time it didn't work is because the parents kept their infant up until 11:00 at night and then he woke up at 5 or 6 am. He was so overtired that there was no way to get him to sleep during the day.
lpperry 09:59 AM 10-04-2011
Oh and if you want some specific suggestions for the infant that is coming, please pm me. I have lots of experience with Baby Whisperer and know a lot of little tricks. I also have a guideline to what the A time should be for each particular age by months. That guideline really helps a ton!
Francine 10:15 AM 10-04-2011
I have a new little guy starting on the 24th, I would love more information!
Solandia 10:43 AM 10-04-2011
Yes, that is always the schedule I put infants on from the beginning. I had done this with my kids, and the daycare infants....before I even knew it a book. I could have been rich! My favorite part is the NOT eating right before sleeping (no eating to sleep!). That solves so many potential issues right from the start...especially with the reflux dc babies I have had...
youretooloud 10:47 AM 10-04-2011
Myself time?????? Obviously the baby whisperer never did daycare...but, it's really a good sounding idea.

I've never had any trouble with the infants. I must unwittingly do it right somehow. I can even get the infants to nap at the same time the big kids nap.
countrymom 11:27 AM 10-04-2011
hmm, share some more info, this sounds interesting, I have a little girl starting tommorrow.
GrannyJ 12:50 PM 10-04-2011
I also have never heard of the E.A.S.Y method. Would love more info on this. Do you have the titles of the books?
KBCsMommy 12:54 PM 10-04-2011
I thought babies were naturally on this schedule!!!!

I love that method (if thats what it is) all my infants are on this schedule.
Its the easiest way to predict what they need ie sleep or a bottle or diaper change!!
thecrazyisout 08:30 AM 10-06-2011
Here is a link to the forums..

http://www.babywhispererforums.com/i...topic=164027.0

and I think you can find the title of her books.

I have been doing this with my new infant for two days and he is already into the schedule. Mom and Dad were using a method of just tending to what he needed (which is fine), but I can't believe how easy this is making my day. I am already getting to the point where the infant's schedule is close to my older kids. (Regarding napping). I like it like it like it!
cheerfuldom 09:31 AM 10-06-2011
I really enjoyed The Baby Whisperer and still use a lot of her tips. She also has a book for toddlers!
Sprouts 09:29 PM 10-06-2011
Originally Posted by thecrazyisout:
Here is a link to the forums..

http://www.babywhispererforums.com/i...topic=164027.0

and I think you can find the title of her books.

I have been doing this with my new infant for two days and he is already into the schedule. Mom and Dad were using a method of just tending to what he needed (which is fine), but I can't believe how easy this is making my day. I am already getting to the point where the infant's schedule is close to my older kids. (Regarding napping). I like it like it like it!
I went on the website and just got so over whelmed at all of the post and still cant figure out exactly what EASY and the other JSYJKBS???*&*&^ is?? Maybe i am tired, but can someone just explain or copy and paste the exact description??
countrymom 06:18 AM 10-07-2011
I sent my kids to the library to get me a copy, I need to read this book.
lpperry 07:32 PM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by Sprouts:
I went on the website and just got so over whelmed at all of the post and still cant figure out exactly what EASY and the other JSYJKBS???*&*&^ is?? Maybe i am tired, but can someone just explain or copy and paste the exact description??
You won't be able to understand the forums without reading the book. I could translate all the acronyms for you, but it is going to take way too long to type out the methods that goes along with the title of the method.

Most of the acronyms are for methods to get a child to sleep independently.

E.A.S.Y.: eat, activity, sleep, you (routine for babies)
Pu/Pd: pick up/put down ( a method to get an older infant to sleep independently)
Wi/Wo: walk-in/walk out (a method to get an older child to sleep independently)
shhpat: a method to get a young infant to sleep independently
HTTJ: holding through the jolts (a technique to stop a baby from waking at 45 minutes during a nap)
WTS: wake to sleep (a technique to stop a baby from waking at 45 minutes or to prevent and early waking in the morning)
OT: overtired
UT: undertired
DF: dreamfeed
AP: accidental parenting
APOP: accidental parenting on purpose

Those are all the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I use the BW and go to the forums quite frequently!

The methods the baby whisperer discusses in her book are wonderful. It is easier if you are doing it as the parent rather than as a daycare provider, because it does take some commitment and time. I have done it as a parent and a daycare provider and have had great success. I have no sleep issues in my daycare even with young infants.

If you are interested in learning more, check to see if your library has the book.
Sprouts 07:53 PM 10-07-2011
Thank you! I think i need to get the book! Maybe she will make a DVD that will just show everything I am too tired to read
Solandia 04:33 AM 10-08-2011
Our local (very small town) hospital does a Baby Whisperer class for parents before or after baby comes. I have never taken it, but I thought is was so cool that they did this to serve the community.
blessedmess8 01:15 PM 10-10-2011
I had never heard of this until recently! I did things backwards! I always have fed right before sleeping. I started using this with a difficult 11 month oldn actually, and it has made my life SO much easier!!
gelbesonn 10:29 AM 10-11-2011
I've done this with DS (I read it first in BabyWise) and it worked well. I have started it with the baby I have too. He wasn't on any schedule when he started, and now it's getting better. I've told his parents about it. I'm not sure if they are trying it or not. Last I knew, the mom nurses the babe to sleep.
cheerfuldom 10:44 AM 10-11-2011
It is my understanding that Babywise is NOT the same thing as The Baby Whisperer.....
Lilbutterflie 09:54 AM 10-12-2011
I have not heard of this until recently. I was also doing things backwards (feeding before sleeping); thinking the full belly would help baby to sleep longer.

I have a 3 mo dcg who is typically napping one good morning nap (1.5-2 hrs) and then catnaps for 30-45 min all through the rest of the day. I started her on EASY technique last week and it's working okay; but I still have a hard time with those 45 min catnaps!

Anyone care to elaborate on this?:
HTTJ: holding through the jolts (a technique to stop a baby from waking at 45 minutes during a nap)
WTS: wake to sleep (a technique to stop a baby from waking at 45 minutes or to prevent and early waking in the morning)
cheerfuldom 10:23 AM 10-12-2011
you should get the books, the paperbacks are super cheap on ebay or amazon. you can get rid of those catnaps by either letting them cry till they calm and fall back asleep or using some of the other tips in the book. you don't have to let them stay up just because they woke up.
gelbesonn 05:47 AM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
It is my understanding that Babywise is NOT the same thing as The Baby Whisperer.....
I know. However, BabyWise and Babywisperer use the same pattern. (eat, play, sleep).

Side note: I know there is a lot of controversy around BW. I'm not here to hijack this post with them. Of course, with any parenting books, there will be things you can take and things you can leave with every technique. I just wanted to point out the similarity with this NOT feeding to sleep pattern.
2ndFamilyDC 07:39 AM 10-18-2011
I just bought the baby whisperer book over the weekend and am trying to incorporate the EASY method with my 3 1/2 Mth old baby. Hoping that this is the week I get him to take naps here.
Tags:baby whisperer, easy method, infant - easy method, infants
Reply Up