Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:16 PM
Nature Lover

Default Your Too Big!!!!

Had a schoolager cram into one of the preschool riding toys and bust off the steering wheel

Ugh-just got it earlier last month, late April and now broke.

$$$$ down the tubes

If you see your to big, why get in?

I wish they made riding toys for schoolagers as I know they like them but they would be expensive I bet.
We only get one shot at this!!
Old 06-21-2018, 04:24 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Kids View Post
I wish they made riding toys for schoolagers
That's a brilliant idea, really! School aged kids are too old for the toddler size toys but they're still kids and they still enjoy playing with ride on toys even though some would have a hard time admitting it.

My nephew broke one of my Cozy Coupe cars - bent the wheel so badly we couldn't fix it. I couldn't get too upset since the car had been his when he was little and my sil donated it to the day care when he outgrew it. I think he couldn't help trying to re-live his toddler years when he saw it. I would have been livid if I had just bought it, though. I feel for you!
Old 06-21-2018, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Flying turtles
Row carts
If they are still available. My SA kids loved both. They have unique propulsion and steering systems.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:36 PM
Daycare.com Member

I used to work as a nanny. One year when the youngest child of my nanny family was about 1.5 I gave her a cozy coupe car for Christmas. They moved when the child was 4 and since she was their last child they gifted me so much of their toys and games as I started my in home the month after they moved away. Every time I go down to visit or they come up mom always mentions the cozy coupe and how they’ll be giving it back to me once their youngest (now 6, but a very petite and small 6) will finally admit that she’s too big for it. I just got a picture a few weeks ago of her in it.. knees higher than the steering wheel that said “I was hoping this would be the year she gave it up but it’s looking like it’ll have to be next summer” then there was a note about how it might get snuck up in the back of the truck under their luggage when they visit later this summer Kids that age still want to be kids.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:07 AM
Daycare.com Member

Well that's maddening, after paying good money for it. Yep, kids are destructive and have no idea what their bodies are capable of. I used to have 4 cozy coupe type toys, and the big kids would jump on the top of them, no matter how many times I'd tell them to get down. Crooked wheels on all of them so I don't have them anymore. Kids are rough on stuff.
Do they still make Big Wheels? I remember back when my own kids were little, we had a few of those but then it took a lot of watchful eyes to make sure no one got mowed down; our backyard is a bit of a decline so they'd get to really going on them.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:19 AM
Daycare.com Member

I only let 3 and under play in the Little Tikes cars. Kids that get on stuff they’re not supposed to get to sit and watch the other kids play. Having said that, though, I do have plenty for older kids to ride. Have you looked into the ez rollers? They go up to 150 pounds.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:01 AM
Daycare.com Member

For my older /bigger kids I got the little tyke motorcycles.They were great and worked ok on woodchips.It is so annoying when they break the smaller toys.

Tags
large child