Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>MUST Haves for Home DC Outdoor Play Area?
kdparadise 11:37 AM 05-13-2010
I loved the post an earlier new member posted and thought it could be broken down into indoor playroom must haves and this post - OUTDOOR play area must haves! I am also in the process of starting a new home daycare!

Okay, so I would love to know what you all think are great MUST HAVES for the backyard play area besides having a play structure / playhouse etc. My DCK will be baby - Pre-K.

Some of the things i got for the DCK:
sand and water table and toys for it
soccer ball
Grow to Pro from toddler up basketball hoop and new good quality basketball
toddler bowling set
different sized toddler and small kids playground balls
tricycle
Baby outdoor jeep walker
Plastic lockable toy chest to protect w/e I buy

I'm done so much to the yard to reorganize it's shape and make it safe from turning our pond into a waterfall with no standing water to getting a new cover for our hot tub that locks with a special key! Ugh, much more! Well, I'm ready to get those fun toys and outdoor things. I'd like things that last.
AmandasFCC 01:38 PM 05-13-2010
Slides. I have a big play structure that I got for like $350, all plastic and weather-proof, that the kids just love! Plus I have a toddler slide that's kind of like a pirate ship. A basketball hoop, balls, lots of balls of different sizes, pots/buckets so they can collect things like pine cones, stones, etc. Lots of trucks too.
originalkat 03:01 PM 05-13-2010
I am also in the process of re-doing my outdoor play area. I just got a new play structure which the kids LOVE! I think I am going to get balls, trikes, one of those round ball hoops you get from ec catalogs, buckets/shovels/dump trucks for sand play, hula hoops, parachute, playhouse...and the list goes on. Of course these arent all necessary, but I think they would be fun.
Tags:outside play
Reply Up