Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does anyone require supplies?
Core12 02:14 AM 12-14-2018
Thinking of asking for 2 bottles of foaming hand wash on first day of care. Thoughts?
DaveA 03:31 AM 12-14-2018
I require diapers and formula if isn't one of the 2 types I supply. If a child has certain allergies or food requirements or if they want a particular brand of a supply the parents supply those. Otherwise it's built into my fee.
Jupadia 06:15 AM 12-14-2018
I have parents supply diapers, wipes and sunscreen. Food and formula all kids under age 1, unless child is eating table food. Formula is always supplied by parents despite age. I dont have many that start under 1, since most parents take the year of mat leave.
Blackcat31 06:33 AM 12-14-2018
I require all families to bring one box of name brand tissues and one refill package of wet wipes/diaper wipes PER child the first week of each month, If not, I add $5 supply fee to their invoice for that week.

For infants I require a month's supply of diapers or at least 6 cloth diapers, 3 sets of extra clothing (including socks) and 2 bottles new in the package as well as 2 pacifiers also new in the box upon enrollment. Diapers and extra clothing resupplied as needed.

ALL children must bring an exra set of clothing (including socks) and a blanket for rest time. Blankets stay here and are laundered by me and do NOT go back and forth between home and daycare.
Core12 07:38 AM 12-14-2018
Wow! Did not even think about asking for tissues!
Snowmom 08:06 AM 12-14-2018
It's not a bad idea to offset costs. I'd be very specific though.

I have asked for donations on occasions. I just find that they bring the absolute cheapest option available and it's usually small dollar store choices. That just causes more waste for me and I hate that. Garbage day is always embarrassing as it is!

I do tack on a supply fee to their enrollment fee when they start. But, may think about doing it yearly. I supply everything, even shoes. I just got sick of the fight with the adults to bring appropriate items.
Reply Up