Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:30 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Vomiting

How do you determine if it's from an illness or not?? Dcb was out M and T because of puking. Just puked at lunch time today. No fever, acting fine. But puked.

I called mom, but just curious how you all handle it?
Old 03-07-2019, 10:48 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

How do his tonsils look? Back of throat?
Old 03-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
How do his tonsils look? Back of throat?
I just tried to check, couldn't get a good look. Didn't look overly red, though.

He was puking S and M. Gone M and T. Sister (also dck) was puking on Saturday and found out the other night that ALL of her kids and husband were home sick.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:55 AM

Vomit from coughing too hard or some other non-illness related reason and vomit from illness are both gross and unsanitary.

Vomit = go home.
Stay home until no vomit for 24 hours.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:59 AM
Daycare.com Member

I don't do vomit, so puking = exclusion. My very first year, I had a little come in after he had been out for a couple of days with vomiting and runny diapers, and it went through the family like you are describing. He came back with no fever, playing normally, and one puking session after lunch. This was on a Friday, and by the next day I was sick as a dog with norovirus. So I just don't do puke. Nope.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:13 AM
Daycare.com Member

Mom came and picked up and told me that her older kids are home today from school because they are still sick

The perks of daycare.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:13 PM
Daycare.com Member

I've had kids vomiting without fever before. Everyone fights of viruses diffeent ways. Some kids are fevers, some diarrhea and some puke.

Any vomiting I send home.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:24 PM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

I don't need to know why they are vomiting. I'm not dealing with it here. They need to be not vomiting for 24 hours before they can come back.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:05 AM
Daycare.com Member

My policy is 24 hour vomit-free. I know that's pretty standard!

I had to enforce it this morning when dcm tried bringing him back this morning. I also had another dck start puking last night. Obviously a stomach bug going around.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:23 AM
Daycare.com Member

Unless they are on a full liquid diet (formula or breast milk) they go home. And if they ARE on a full liquid diet and I can't find a reason for the vomit (tummy time too soon after a really big bottle or not burping etc) they go home.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

We have a friends who both kids, have pulled every day (at start) of their care for a couple months each. I bit my tongue and said nothing cause if I had a kid like that there is no way I would have dealt with that issue. They told us it was the kids anxiety that caused it. But there is know way I would have. I know the kids went / go to a center based daycare. I deal for the workers who had to deal.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:44 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Our policy is that if a child is sick that they must stay home for 24/48 hours and must be symptom free before they return to care
Old 03-10-2019, 08:44 AM
Daycare.com Member

If they vomit at daycare they are sent home and must not return until they are vomit free for 24 hours. Maybe it isnít a virus but we donít want to take that chance. Iíve been vomited on before. Itís gross and very unsanitary.

Tags
vomiting