Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parent Reminder Letter...How's This Sound?
SilverSabre25 01:41 PM 03-25-2011
This has been a problem lately, and getting worse, so I thought I'd type up a letter to send out next week. How's it sound? It's really only one family that's the problem, but I thought if I send it out to all of them it might not seem so "attacking" or something:

Dear Parents,

This is just a quick reminder that [DH] has to leave for work in the mornings between 8:10 and 8:20, and in the afternoons between 5:10 and 5:20. If you are dropping off or picking up during these times, please park on the street instead of in our driveway if you see that our car is still here.

Thanks so much for your understanding in this matter!

Sincerely,

[Me]
daycare 01:44 PM 03-25-2011
I had this issue to and asked the same as you are. Then the parents started blocking my neighbors drive ways. Only one neighbor complained so I had to write another letter asking that to stop as well. I found that I had to tell where to park.... Lol
Ugh
JenNJ 02:28 PM 03-25-2011
I would tell them they can no longer park in the driveway at all. Street parking only.
missnikki 02:37 PM 03-25-2011
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
I would tell them they can no longer park in the driveway at all. Street parking only.
That would work the best, then they don't ahve to split hairs about what time they showed up, how long they've been there, etc...
JenNJ 02:40 PM 03-25-2011
Yeah bc I can totally see some parents saying, "Well it's only 8:08..."
nannyde 03:38 PM 03-25-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
This has been a problem lately, and getting worse, so I thought I'd type up a letter to send out next week. How's it sound? It's really only one family that's the problem, but I thought if I send it out to all of them it might not seem so "attacking" or something:

Dear Parents,

This is just a quick reminder that [DH] has to leave for work in the mornings between 8:10 and 8:20, and in the afternoons between 5:10 and 5:20. If you are dropping off or picking up during these times, please park on the street instead of in our driveway if you see that our car is still here.

Thanks so much for your understanding in this matter!

Sincerely,

[Me]
I would do eight to eight thirty and five to five thirty. You need even times that are easily memorized. Open the window of time so that there's no gray area. Ten minute windows are too small.
SilverSabre25 04:31 PM 03-25-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I would do eight to eight thirty and five to five thirty. You need even times that are easily memorized. Open the window of time so that there's no gray area. Ten minute windows are too small.
Thanks I was wondering about that.
Abigail 10:35 PM 03-25-2011
I would also post a note on your door for awhile just to remind them for a week or two.
Tags:letter samples, notice, reminder letter
Reply Up