Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Notice
kayla 02:05 PM 02-23-2012
I hate giving people notice period. And have not had to do it much, my question is there any easy way to go about it?? I know every situation is different but how do most of you go about it without feeling bad about doing it??
daycare 02:09 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by kayla:
I hate giving people notice period. And have not had to do it much, my question is there any easy way to go about it?? I know every situation is different but how do most of you go about it without feeling bad about doing it??
you have to do what is best for you. Feeling bad about it is just part of the process and is a natural emotion that goes along with it.

I keep it short sweet and simple. I dont go into detail. Search term letters on here. I must have seen a million since I have been on this site for the last 2 years
cheerfuldom 02:13 PM 02-23-2012
You are probably always going to feel bad about terming a child. It is hard to say no to anyone and even harder when you get attached to a child, want the best for them, have gone out of your way to try and make it work, etc, etc. Its a normal feeling but that doesn't mean you are doing anything wrong. If you wait to feel good about it or wait for it to be easy, you are never going to let anyone go and never going to say no to anyone (which ends up not feeling good either)
KBCsMommy 02:21 PM 02-23-2012
Kayla, this is the crappy part of our jobs!! There is no easy way to do it, its an awkard uncomfortable situation. A provider doesnt want to hurt anyones feelings and parents always feel rejected even if its in the childs best interest. Ive termed twice, Ive felt bad about it twice, but in the end Im glad I did it. Both times it was in the best interest of my family and the daycare kids because the terminated kids just weren't fitting in.

The first time I called the dcm and told her it was not working out. I didn't give any specific details at all and I gave her some local preschools that were a better fit for her child. He started with a new school a few days later and is doing better there than here. That makes me feel better about my decision.

The second time I sent a note home with the dc baby I had in care. It just said that "I could not offer care anymore and it was a pleasure having him in my home". I felt bad at first but then the first week dc baby was gone my other dc kids acted so much better. That's when I stopped feeling bad and knew I had made the right decision. I would do it again if I had too!

Good Luck!!
kayla 02:31 PM 02-23-2012
My question is in my daycare policy there is a two week trial period, tomorrow is the last day of that 2 week trial period. I just dont think they will work because i have to get up at 6:30 for this family 3 days a week, it takes up one of my 2 baby spots, the older child has adhd and being pregnant its really hard to handle him. Also he lied about me giving him his medication, But the problem i have is they have paid me thru the end of the month already plus a 75 registration fee i charge... Should i tell them that the 29th will be there last day because the schedule isn't working out for me?? Im just confused on how to go about the situation. The dad is always rude and has something to say about everything. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks
sharlan 02:47 PM 02-23-2012
I would refund the unused fee and term tomorrow.
daycare 02:50 PM 02-23-2012
My question is in my daycare policy there is a two week trial period, tomorrow is the last day of that 2 week trial period. I just dont think they will work because i have to get up at 6:30 for this family 3 days a week, it takes up one of my 2 baby spots, the older child has adhd and being pregnant its really hard to handle him. Also he lied about me giving him his medication, But the problem i have is they have paid me thru the end of the month already plus a 75 registration fee i charge... Should i tell them that the 29th will be there last day because the schedule isn't working out for me?? Im just confused on how to go about the situation. The dad is always rude and has something to say about everything. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks
what does your contract say?

Mine states that either party can term without notice at any time during the two week trail. Any fees that have been paid past this date will be refunded..

I don't ask for deposit until after they sign on. Which is after the two week trail is over.
cheerfuldom 02:50 PM 02-23-2012
Refund the unused portion of the charges as well as the registration fee (unless your contract specifically says that that is non-refundable). Also review your contract and make sure that you do have something that states you can term at the end of the trial period (and also any other time for any reason....I don't tie myself down to a two week notice, just the parents)
kayla 03:11 PM 02-23-2012
Trial Period:
A two-week trial period will be given upon enrollment to determine the suitability of the arrangements. If at any time during the two weeks the arrangement has not proven workable, then you will be given two weeks to find an alternative arrangement; I will also have the right to terminate, without notice, if i feel that it is not working out or is affecting the care that i am giving the other children. If however, you are happy with the care that your child is recieving and your child is settling in, then we will enter into a pemanent contract. I require two week notice, or two weeks pay if you intend to withdraw your child from my care.

I dont have anything about a non refundable registration fee it just says under Rates:
$22.00 per day if paid weekly, otherwise $23.00 a day. I charge 2.50 an hour after 9 hours. $11.50 per half day: anything less than 4 1/2 hours. I charge a $75.00 registration fee. I expect to be paid on mondays before my services i will charge a late fee of $5.00 a day, everyday after payday. I will charge $20.00 for any returned checks.
Tags:notice
Reply Up