Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Maximum Number of Hours Children can Stay in Care in TX?
SunflowerMama 04:49 AM 04-06-2010
I'm trying to find this in my standards but can't for some reason. Does anyone in Texas know. Is it 10 or 11?
safechner 06:11 AM 04-06-2010
Originally Posted by twinmama:
I'm trying to find this in my standards but can't for some reason. Does anyone in Texas know. Is it 10 or 11?
Since I know you are registered childcare provider, you only can keep 6 kids including your own. You may watch 12 kids but you would need to hire an assistant with you full time. Hope it helps.
SunflowerMama 06:23 AM 04-06-2010
Sorry my question was a bit confusing. I was actually asking about the # of maximum hours they could stay each day. I have 6 kiddos but have one that wanted to extend hours of care to 11 hours a day and I thought we were only allowed to watch children a max of 10hrs a day.
Former Teacher 02:24 PM 04-06-2010
Hey Twinmama...the actual number of hours in care is 12. My former center was opened from 630-630 and we actually had some kids who were there that long.

Whether or not its true but I asked my former director once what would happen if a child was there at 630 and was picked up late such as 640? Of course it has happened but we never did anything. I just wanted to know. My former director made the comment that we could report the parent for neglect because it was over 12 hours.

On a side note in a licensed center a worker can not work more than 10 hours a day in care. Even with a break.

If you have anymore questions, please ask...I am in TX myself!
momma2girls 02:56 PM 04-06-2010
I knkow of several in home and centers around where I live have it in their contract- maximum 50 hrs. allowed per week. I have several friends that have a max. of 45 hrs. work and commute times, anything above this is considered OT. I think they each charge $10.00 per hr. afterwards.
safechner 03:00 PM 04-06-2010
Originally Posted by twinmama:
Sorry my question was a bit confusing. I was actually asking about the # of maximum hours they could stay each day. I have 6 kiddos but have one that wanted to extend hours of care to 11 hours a day and I thought we were only allowed to watch children a max of 10hrs a day.
Sorry about that. Former Teacher is correct. I am in Texas, too.
Unregistered 11:20 AM 01-24-2011
I am a nurse who works 12hour shifts but they last about 14 hours 3 days a week. Max of 42 hours a week. How can I a get daycare who won't accuse me of neglect. Single parent with no family in town. El paso, tx I need help
AfterSchoolMom 01:54 PM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am a nurse who works 12hour shifts but they last about 14 hours 3 days a week. Max of 42 hours a week. How can I a get daycare who won't accuse me of neglect. Single parent with no family in town. El paso, tx I need help
Sounds like you'd be better off with a Nanny.
AnythingsPossible 02:01 PM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Possibly look into a daycare with longer hours, and explain your work situation. As long as they are only in daycare the 3 days that you are working, it shouldn't be an issue if you can find one that is open that many hours. Your best bet may be to find a private provider who would come to your home, or watch just your children from their home. Good luck with your situation.
Tags:hours, texas
Reply Up