Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do I Charge?
KDC 08:35 AM 06-20-2014
I have a teacher family that I care for. I require a 2 day minimum to hold spot during the summer. They can pay (or attend the 2 days agreed upon). This Mom chose Wednesday's and Friday's. The Fourth of July is on a Friday. Do I allow them to choose a new day or require payment even though they will not be attending due to holiday. It is in my requirements that I charge for Holiday's... but she asked and now I'm folding like a deck of cards. She chose those two days, and it's not my fault the 4th is on a Friday... right?

It's reasonable she SHOULD pay...right?
craftymissbeth 09:59 AM 06-20-2014
Is it in your agreement that they can switch days as they please? If so, then I'd let them switch, but if there's nothing in there saying they can change days then they'd be charged for the 4th.
Little Buttons 10:13 AM 06-20-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
Is it in your agreement that they can switch days as they please? If so, then I'd let them switch, but if there's nothing in there saying they can change days then they'd be charged for the 4th.

AmyKidsCo 12:14 PM 06-20-2014
I have a teacher who's bringing her baby Mon, Tues, & Thurs, and if a holiday fell on any of those days I'd charge for it.
Indianadaycare 02:02 PM 06-20-2014
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
I have a teacher who's bringing her baby Mon, Tues, & Thurs, and if a holiday fell on any of those days I'd charge for it.
I've done this in the past as well. As long as the holiday falls on an agreed upon day, they pay.
e.j. 02:12 PM 06-20-2014
I let my families switch days if I have an opening during the same week of the holiday and it's convenient for me to let them do it. My main priority is maintaining my income so I don't care if they pay for the holiday or switch days and pay for the day they use. It's all the same to me.
grandmom 02:31 PM 06-20-2014
My school teacher parents pay full price to hold their spot during the summer. Why should you take a cut in pay because they aren't working?
Tags:holding spot policy
Reply Up