Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Digging Area
AmyLeigh 02:42 PM 03-02-2012
So my project for this weekend is to work on the backyard, start the garden, etc. Since I have children who love to dig and play in the dirt, I decided to make the side yard the designated digging area. Besides the usual shovels and pails, what else would be fun to include?
Blackcat31 02:45 PM 03-02-2012
Strainers/sifters, spoons, cup cake pans, trucks, shape makers (think Jello-molds) and an assortment of containers large and small.
MissAnn 04:07 PM 03-02-2012
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
So my project for this weekend is to work on the backyard, start the garden, etc. Since I have children who love to dig and play in the dirt, I decided to make the side yard the designated digging area. Besides the usual shovels and pails, what else would be fun to include?
In the summer.....a garden hose turned on!
Hunni Bee 08:31 PM 03-02-2012
I love this idea.

There's a square of wooden beams in my center's front "yard", and one time some of my kiddos were digging there and there was a lot of sand just beneath the grass. We don't have much sandy soil here, so I'm thinking it was a sand box that got filled in...the facility sat vacant for some years.

I really want to dig it up and make a digging area. We have a massive magnolia tree in our play area, and it makes the dirt in the yard really rich and black. Wonderful for grass and flowers, hell on pants knees and floors. So we don't do much digging right now....

I know this will be my project and mine alone (read: no help), so I'll let you all know how it goes.
Sunchimes 04:35 AM 03-03-2012
Dinosaurs! I picked up a big one at a yard sale yesterday, and it looks like he's going to be more popular than the baby dolls. I have visions of a bunch of them in the sand box--once dck#2 stops eating dirt.
Tags:outside play, sand box
Reply Up