Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Turn...
KEG123 06:33 PM 01-25-2011
So I know some of you have seen my website, but I wanted to post it again because I've been continuously tweaking it.

I'd like your constructive criticism! Anything, everything. Would YOU hire me?!?

http://kidegarden.weebly.com/index.html
ninosqueridos 06:41 PM 01-25-2011
what a great site! I really like your intro - so personal and your fun personality really shines! You also have a very pretty home.

The only little thing I noticed in your policies was several times you use the future tense "I will be open..." "It would be..." I would use the present tense instead throughout the policies because some folks may think you have not yet opened.
DCMomOf3 06:43 PM 01-25-2011
It's a great start! I see two things I'd fix. One, more pictures, perhaps of your son playing with toys. Two, your links overlap. Either give each it's own line or link the names to the url instead of showing the link.

Great job!
DCMomOf3 06:45 PM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by ninosqueridos:
what a great site! I really like your intro - so personal and your fun personality really shines! You also have a very pretty home.

The only little thing I noticed in your policies was several times you use the future tense "I will be open..." "It would be..." I would use the present tense instead throughout the policies because some folks may think you have not yet opened.
oh yes, definitely say I am open.... it is.....

talk and act like you are open, since you are taking clients.
KEG123 06:49 PM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
oh yes, definitely say I am open.... it is.....

talk and act like you are open, since you are taking clients.
Thanks. I actually wrote my policies before I was open, so I guess I just forgot to go back and rewrite those words. Thanks!
KEG123 07:09 PM 01-25-2011
what about the term boyfriend, would it look better if I said "boyfriend of 6 years" or something? I thought for a second finace sounded better but we're not even engaged.
cherryhill 08:07 PM 01-25-2011
You can always say best friend, or significant other.
Michael 11:02 PM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
what about the term boyfriend, would it look better if I said "boyfriend of 6 years" or something? I thought for a second finace sounded better but we're not even engaged.
Someone mentioned using Partner instead.
Abigail 12:48 AM 01-26-2011
KEG123, I went throught your whole front page and made some adjustments. (Took over an hour, so please contact me! LOL) Yes, I'm bored and procrastinating tonight. I saved it in a word document so contract me with your email so I can upload it and send it. Very nice job overall. I'm still working on mine as well, but both of ours is 8 pages! I will send you my handbook if you're interested in looking it over.
KEG123 01:53 PM 01-26-2011
Bump. I spent a lot of time today editing.
Tags:website
Reply Up