Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Back To Blog Spots...
Countrygal 12:39 PM 01-31-2012
Which do you use? Do you like it? What blog spot site would you recommend?

I want to open one up just for the daycare....
Michael 12:45 PM 01-31-2012
Are you looking to write each day or are you trying to put together a website for parents to view your daycare?
SunshineMama 12:47 PM 01-31-2012
I like BLOGGER, by google, and you can even "Monetize" it and make money if people see your blog and click on the ads.
Countrygal 02:43 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
Are you looking to write each day or are you trying to put together a website for parents to view your daycare?
I'm looking to write about the daily activities, post pictures, things the parents would like to see and know. Rather than emailing everyone the pictures, etc, I'd like one localized spot for them.

I was also considering a private group on FB. Which would work better, do you think? Obviously, I don't want the public to be able to view it, only parents and their specified people - like grandparents, etc.
Michael 05:52 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:
I'm looking to write about the daily activities, post pictures, things the parents would like to see and know. Rather than emailing everyone the pictures, etc, I'd like one localized spot for them.

I was also considering a private group on FB. Which would work better, do you think? Obviously, I don't want the public to be able to view it, only parents and their specified people - like grandparents, etc.
Yes, then a blog would be better. My daughter uses blogspot.com

She does a webisode called Regrets and Girls and writes about it at regretsandgirls.blogspot.com

She then registered RegretsAndGirls.com and pointed her blogspot address to her new domain name. www.RegretsAndGirls.com (she's the red head)

You should do the same thing and register your daycare business name and point your blogspot to it. Let me know if you need help with it.
Sunchimes 06:24 PM 01-31-2012
Can you lock blogger to only certain people? I didn't realize that. I should go check.

Edited. You can restrict it. That's good to know. I'm glad you posted this question Countrygal. I like Blogger. I have a couple for my bookclub and a personal one with a custom domain. You can buy a custom domain directly through Blogger and it's a little simpler than doing it through godaddy or something.
melskids 02:23 AM 02-01-2012
I use blogger as well. I am NOT very computer literate, but its easy for me to use and figure out for the most part.
Countrygal 08:46 AM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:

She then registered RegretsAndGirls.com and pointed her blogspot address to her new domain name. www.RegretsAndGirls.com (she's the red head)

You should do the same thing and register your daycare business name and point your blogspot to it. Let me know if you need help with it.
Thanks, Michael - I went ahead and did it! My other blog was at blogspot, so at least I was familiar with it.

The only thing I wasn't sure about was the comment above. Are you meaning to register it with one of the other registering sites? Seems like it's automatically registered in blogspot, but what do you mean by pointing my blogspot to it?

Thanks for all your suggestions and help, everyone!
Michael 11:07 AM 02-01-2012
These days you can point a webpage or site to a domain name you own. I can point michaelcastello.com to my Facebook page, a weebly site or any other page for that matter. If I tell someone to go to michaelcastello.com it can take them to wherever I want them to since I OWN the domain name. Why promote a blogspot, FB, YouTube, etc address when I can promote my business name address.

You can also now buy a web address like mychildcare@daycare.com and point it to your gmail, aol, hotmail etc account. I like the fact that I can tell people or advertise a name I own. Keep it simple and memorable.

I own 1@nashville.com and point it to my hotmail account at michaelseven777@hotmail.com

Which one is easier to remember? We all need to learn how to market ourselves and our businesses in this new virtual world. This is one powerful simple way to do it.
Countrygal 11:54 AM 02-01-2012
OK, I think I understand. Your example helped. Thanx

Thanks to everyone who responded! Looks like Blogspot is the place to be!
Countrygal 01:05 PM 02-01-2012
Went to hotmail and did it with one of my other accounts. Is "forward emails to another email address" what you are talking about???
Michael 12:03 AM 02-02-2012
No, It has to do with your registered domain name not your hotmail account. When you register a domain name it allow you to point and email address from that domain name email@YourDomainName.com to your hotmail account.
Tags:blog, website
Reply Up