Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Breastfeeding/Don't Slam Me lol
lovemykidstoo 05:34 PM 12-20-2018
I know I will just get killed over this, so please try to be kind. I'm truly trying to understand my thoughts.

I have a 16 month old dcg. She was breast fed exclusively (no food, no formula) until about 10 months old. For the past 3 months she has not had any breastmilk here. She's on whole milk and is doing very well. Not sure if it matters but she's about 30 pounds at 16 months old. Mom came today and picked her up. The little girl started banging her fists together which mom says means more in sign language? She does not say any words at all. Sounds, but not words. I said what does she want more of and she said she wants to breastfeed. I said oh I thought you werent' anymore. She said I am, just not pumping, but straight up breastfeeding, she won't drink milk or water at our house. I was surprised because I thought she said that when she stopped sending it here that she was done with it.

I have zero idea why this little girl basically asking to be breastfed bothered me. Honestly I don't know and again please no negative comments. I didn't breastfeed. My kids are extremely healthy, never had more than 1 ear infection each etc. What is the recommendation on when a child reaches the age where the extreme benefits equal out?

Thanks for reading!
Tags:breastfeeding
Up