Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Early Pickup Incentive to Switch to Required Earlier Pickup
DaisyMamma 06:42 AM 03-13-2013
I have two families that pickup between 5:30 and 6.
One family, let's call them Family A, is leaving next month. (So I will be left with one family, Family A, who still wants to pickup between 5:30-6.)
I have implemented an early pickup incentive for families A and B. If the kids are gone by 5:30 they get a $5 credit off the following weeks bill. So they can save up to $25 every week.
In April its time for everyone to sign new contracts. I am going to use the opportunity to just change my closing time to 5:30.
I will also implement a new early pickup incentive of pickup by 5:00 to get the $5 credit.

Do you think I'm obligated to give Family B a $25 break on their weekly fee because they now have to pickup by 5:30?
If not, how do I answer that question, as it will surely come up.

Of course I don't want to, they already have a $25/week friends and family discount.
Blackcat31 06:46 AM 03-13-2013
Dear DCF

As of April 1, 2013 my closing time will now be 5:00 P.M. If you need extended care from 5:00-5:30, there will be a $5 fee per child for this additional time.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

Daycare Provider

DaisyMamma 06:59 AM 03-13-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Dear DCF

As of April 1, 2013 my closing time will now be 5:00 P.M. If you need extended care from 5:00-5:30, there will be a $5 fee per child for this additional time.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

Daycare Provider
Interesting approach.
Blackcat31 07:12 AM 03-13-2013
I'm just thinking about YOU....why are YOU taking the loss in having to work longer hours for less pay?

Why not give the issue to the parent to solve and not bear that burden yourself?

If you want to be done at 5 then be done at 5 and if you are really worried about alienating this family or leaving them with no options, go ahead and give them one but make them pay extra for it.

Don't work longer and still discount their care......

I think incentives are a good thing but IME, they only work for a little while and then you are right back to where you left off and for most parents (especially the ones who don't value face time with their kids) the $5 incentive is nothing....the extra half hour if care will be worth it for them (while you just grow resentful)

Know what I mean?
Reply Up