Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Wear Shoes? lol
Boymom 11:58 AM 04-08-2016
Ok, this may be the dumbest question ever asked, but do you wear shoes in your house during the daycare? I'm a flip flop or no shoes kinda gal, but since this is a business, maybe I should wear shoes haha!
permanentvacation 12:07 PM 04-08-2016
I have to laugh because I couldn't imagine what my parents think of my footwear. I look like an old man on the beach. I wear ankle socks with these men's flip flops! my man flip flops.jpg
Attached:
Thriftylady 12:08 PM 04-08-2016
I don't wear shoes if I don't have to. I hate them.
Boymom 12:11 PM 04-08-2016
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
I have to laugh because I couldn't imagine what my parents think of my footwear. I look like an old man on the beach. I wear ankle socks with these men's flip flops! Attachment 3723
I love it haha! I'm all about being comfortable, and they look at my bare feet like ummmm where are your shoes ha!
Controlled Chaos 12:12 PM 04-08-2016
I have a no shoe in the daycare room rule, when its cold I wear socks, now that its nicer I actually wear clean slip on shoes. They have a little support which feels good and I also have super ugly feet I trained and worked as a professional dancer for a while...my feet are a piece of work. My dh also hates all feet, so that has made me a little more sensitive about showing off my feet I go completely barefoot sometimes, but not for pick up and drop off.
Boymom 12:13 PM 04-08-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I don't wear shoes if I don't have to. I hate them.
Me too! Plus, they say feet are cleaner than shoes since feet are washed every day :-)
Blackcat31 12:16 PM 04-08-2016
I wear FitKicks. They are like yoga pants for your feet.

permanentvacation 12:16 PM 04-08-2016
I used to go bare foot a lot, but as I got older, I started not liking the feeling of the floor on my bare feet. But tennis shoes, most sandals and just about every shoe I've tried literally hurt my feet. I bought the AND1 shoes from Walmart to use as slippers because they have a good bit of cushion. They are so comfortable that I started wearing them in the house 24/7. But I still feel the need to wear socks. So I just look like an old man wearing socks with my flip flops!
Controlled Chaos 12:18 PM 04-08-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

You had me at yoga pant...off to go shopping online...
Boymom 12:19 PM 04-08-2016

Those look sooo comfortable! And I love all of the colors!
MarinaVanessa 12:22 PM 04-08-2016

Dangit. Now I want some too.

EDITED: I went to "look" and when it said I could pay with PayPal I bought some.

When my husband complains I'm blaming you ... "... but she said Yoga Pants! For Feet!!"
Rockgirl 12:30 PM 04-08-2016
I don't feel put-together without shoes!
spedmommy4 12:43 PM 04-08-2016
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:

EDITED: I went to "look" and when it said I could pay with PayPal I bought some.

When my husband complains I'm blaming you ... "... but she said Yoga Pants! For Feet!!"
This is exactly what I did. PayPal makes purchasing too easy sometimes.
Thriftylady 12:48 PM 04-08-2016
And this thread just made me realize if I don't start wearing my shoes again my plantar factitious will probably start back up. Sigh.
Play Care 12:53 PM 04-08-2016
I have to wear sneakers or a supportive shoe. I find my knees and back start to hurt if I don't.
Thriftylady 12:55 PM 04-08-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I have to wear sneakers or a supportive shoe. I find my knees and back start to hurt if I don't.
I wonder if this is why my back hurts. Especially when I stand in the kitchen for long periods. I really wish I didn't hate shoes!
DaveA 12:56 PM 04-08-2016
Not a dumb question at all. As for me- I wear shoes all the time. Not just daycare hours. I hate walking around barefoot.
Blackcat31 01:38 PM 04-08-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
You had me at yoga pant...off to go shopping online...
That ("Yoga pants for your feet") is their advertising line and it's true!!

Originally Posted by Boymom:
Those look sooo comfortable! And I love all of the colors!
SUPER comfortable! I fold/roll them and keep a pair in my bag at all times. The bottoms of them are harder...made out of a real flexible rubber so it's almost like shoes but much more comfortable.

Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:

LOL! I couldnt decide on a color so I got them all. But I keep a pair in the car, my purse/bag and at daycare.
Thriftylady 01:52 PM 04-08-2016
That ("Yoga pants for your feet") is their advertising line and it's true!!

SUPER comfortable! I fold/roll them and keep a pair in my bag at all times. The bottoms of them are harder...made out of a real flexible rubber so it's almost like shoes but much more comfortable.

LOL! I couldnt decide on a color so I got them all. But I keep a pair in the car, my purse/bag and at daycare.
So would these offer enough support for plantar factitious? With my diabetes, I am *supposed* to wear shoes. I have one foot bigger than the other and I have such a hard time finding shoes that don't kill my little toe!
Unregistered 02:01 PM 04-08-2016
Chaco sandals are the best for high arch footed people! they make shoes too but not in wide.....
CalCare 02:05 PM 04-08-2016
I wish I could go bare foot or wear those amazing looking yoga pants shoes lol But, I have to wear high arch new balance tennis with orthotics for my back pain and my plantar/ heel spur problems :''''( When I walk around without them, for even the shortest time, I start hurting in all sorts of places!
CityGarden 02:12 PM 04-08-2016
I like to wear ballet flats. Right now I am liking Tieks

ColorfulSunburst 03:31 PM 04-08-2016
Skechers Go Walk Dawn Womens Slip On Sneakers
Josiegirl 03:36 PM 04-08-2016
Socks in the house, mud-kickers out in the backyard.
Rockgirl 03:39 PM 04-08-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Chaco sandals are the best for high arch footed people! they make shoes too but not in wide.....
I wear them all spring/summer! I have 2 of the regular webbing pairs, and just got a leather pair--they are wonderful.
jenboo 05:27 PM 04-08-2016

Looks like I'm buying more shoes tonight.
Baby Beluga 07:03 PM 04-08-2016
I have two pairs of vionic flip flops, one for inside and one for outside. The older I get the more my feet hurt if I don't have some type of support.
KiddieCahoots 07:19 PM 04-08-2016
Have thought long and hard on this issue...hahaha...
I wear crocs as my "house shoes". When it's hot, I take off my socks.
I like to paint the toe nails to tryyyyy and make them pretty, but lets face it....feet are feet...not sure they'll ever be considered pretty.
e.j. 08:19 PM 04-08-2016
I can be a little bit of a klutz sometimes and have broken a couple of toes walking around barefoot. Now I wear shoes all the time to avoid hurting myself again.
KiddieCahoots 09:06 PM 04-08-2016
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I can be a little bit of a klutz sometimes and have broken a couple of toes walking around barefoot. Now I wear shoes all the time to avoid hurting myself again.
Lol! My mom once broke a toe trying to kick the cat from taking all the Christmas bulbs off the bottom or our tree, but avoiding the hurt.....what kind of terrain are you walking in e.j.? Lol!
Febby 09:12 PM 04-08-2016
I work at a center and we're required to wear shoes.

I hate shoes though and if I did home daycare I 100% would not be wearing shoes. I do have a love for knee high socks, though. I don't like being barefoot.

As soon as I can decide on a color, I'm ordering some! They look amazing!!
Nisaryn 09:16 PM 04-08-2016
I wear those thing yoga-shoes (the ones with the flexi foam inside) or just some socks with the sticky stuff on the other side to keep from sliding....I step in SO MUCH DROOL throughout the day that I have to have my feet covered, just ick! LOL, all my infants are teething and no amount of paper towels keep my feet dry without wearing shoes!
Second Home 04:24 AM 04-09-2016
So what is the bottom of these like is it grippy .

I need to get something for my dd so she does not go barefoot in the karate studio, she needs something that will grip the floor but still be very flexible .
LovingLife 06:44 AM 04-09-2016
Has anyone tried the SideKicks from the FitKicks site? They've got me interested, and the price can't be beat.
Blackcat31 08:31 AM 04-09-2016
Originally Posted by Second Home:
So what is the bottom of these like is it grippy .

I need to get something for my dd so she does not go barefoot in the karate studio, she needs something that will grip the floor but still be very flexible .
Yes the bottom is some what "grippy" and would be great for those times you need the flexibility of being barefoot but can't be.

Originally Posted by LovingLife:
Has anyone tried the SideKicks from the FitKicks site? They've got me interested, and the price can't be beat.
I personally have not but my sister has a silver pair and absolutely loves them! She's on her feet a lot but hates shoes and has to be a bit dressier for work so she said they're awesome!
e.j. 11:39 AM 04-09-2016
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
Lol! My mom once broke a toe trying to kick the cat from taking all the Christmas bulbs off the bottom or our tree, but avoiding the hurt.....what kind of terrain are you walking in e.j.? Lol!
Well....would you believe just regular carpeting? The first time I broke a toe, I turned quickly and walked right into a wall. The second time I broke one, I was trying to quickly step over a baby gate to stop my own 2 kids (toddlers at the time) from hitting each other but I didn't quite clear the gate. Like I said...I can be a bit klutzy at times. I haven't broken anything since I started to where shoes all day!
LovingLife 12:21 PM 04-09-2016
I personally have not but my sister has a silver pair and absolutely loves them! She's on her feet a lot but hates shoes and has to be a bit dressier for work so she said they're awesome!
Thanks for the input! I love flats, and if they are super comfy with that price...sounds like a winner to me!! Now, just need to decide which color to start with.
Unregistered 02:52 AM 04-10-2016
I tried going stocking footed. It drove me crazy! I always seemed to step in some spot of milk, a splash of water from the sink, etc. it drove me nuts and I had to change my socks any time it happened. I now wear flats. Some ballet, some other types.
Lovisa 08:24 AM 04-10-2016
I am bare foot all day and throw flip flops on to go outside! Looking at the link above though. Those shoes are interesting!
lovemydaycare0912 09:35 AM 04-10-2016
I wear socks or slippers. If parents enter my home they have to take their shoes off .
Play Care 03:11 AM 04-11-2016
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I do not wear flip flops during work because of this! I haven't broken anything, but I'm constantly dropping things on my foot, scraping my foot while moving toys around, etc.
I have thought before that it's a wonder I haven't broken anything.
rosieteddy 02:40 PM 04-12-2016
Just bought 2 pairs of the fit kicks.To bad you do not get a commission?
Blackcat31 06:41 PM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
Just bought 2 pairs of the fit kicks.To bad you do not get a commission?

you will love them!
abryann 06:44 PM 04-12-2016

I bought a pair of these at the end of last summer and absolutely love them!
Crazy8 12:17 PM 04-13-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
same here - I wear my asics from sun up to sun down. My knees start to hurt after a few hours in anything else.
CityGarden 01:28 PM 04-13-2016
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
I don't feel put-together without shoes!
I feel this same way. I know I want my program to compete with center preschools in the area and clothing does play a role for the parents where I live.
WAHMderful_Life 11:45 AM 04-14-2016
I do wear shoes but this is due to my feet hurting and I was ruining my socks. I came to the conclusion the difference from before and now was working at home and I wasn't wearing shoes most of the day and that was what was making my feet hurt. I wear sketchers go walk in the house. there small light weight and slip on so work great. only down side I find I trip once in awhile as they grip the carpet or hard floor to much.
renodeb 07:41 PM 04-28-2016
I don't wear shoes unless I need to. I either wear slippers, or socks. My dc parents don't care. It's funny if the kids see me putting my shoes on they know that something is happening. Either going outside or leaving to go somewhere. I fell like I'm at home and I want to be comfortable.
Debbie
yodaone 08:15 PM 04-28-2016
We have a no shoes policy at our house. So we don't wear shoes and I actually encourage the infants and toddlers to wear no shoes to help better grip the floor when they are learning how to walk. However, I often times wear slippers.
lovemykidstoo 04:58 AM 04-29-2016
I am a no shoe girl! I hate shoes! I don't wear shoes inside and I dont wear them outside when it hits 55 degrees. My neighbor makes fun of me and looks at my feet first and says he's going to take up a collection to buy me some shoes hahaha. I'm walked out to the mailbox in the winter (on dry pavement) to get the mail lots of times.
jenboo 01:00 PM 08-04-2016

A person in a fb group was giving a brand new pair away for free! In my size!! I remember bc mentioning them so I snagged them up. Today is my first day wearing them and they are amazing! My feet don't hurt at all!
Blackcat31 07:01 PM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by jenboo:
A person in a fb group was giving a brand new pair away for free! In my size!! I remember bc mentioning them so I snagged them up. Today is my first day wearing them and they are amazing! My feet don't hurt at all!

I still love mine!!
Luke25 07:26 PM 08-04-2016
No shoes here! I'm in a t-shirt and gym shorts every day. I have really laid back parents and mine get here @6:15 am so I stay comfy!
Pestle 08:00 AM 08-08-2016
No shoes allowed--kids remove their shoes and put them in cubbies on arrival. I have hardwood floors in the classroom area and carpet tile in the playroom.
daycarediva 09:14 AM 08-08-2016
Tieks, barefoot or socks.

http://tieks.com/

I have a pair in black that I wear only in the house that I use.

No shoes allowed rule, but I let the kids decide if they want slippers or what not on.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:16 AM 08-08-2016
Shoes! I also have broken toes when I am barefoot (like every summer) I broke one a month ago when I had kicked off my shoes during naptime and went out to the kitchen!
I wear different shoes daily to keep my feet/ back from hurting.
MarinaVanessa 09:20 AM 08-08-2016

I still love mine!!
I do love the ones I got but the side of the left toe has started to unsew and the strap on that same show has started to tear and unravel. I was wearing them everyday however so I'm not sure if because they're "yoga" shoes maybe they weren't meant to be worn no frequently? Wondering if anyone has worn them frequently and is having issues? I'm on my way to their website to check the warranty.
bklsmum 03:17 AM 08-09-2016
I am not a shoe person. I am barefoot as much as humanly possible.
momofboys 10:26 AM 08-09-2016
I have to wear shoes because I have plantar fascitis that acts up if I don't. I also have really flat feet that wearing no shoes/shoes with little support caused a tendonitis problem which I am still getting over after months of pain. I have to wear my Asics running shoes which are very supportive every single day. I truly am jealous of those of you who can run around barefooted!
AmyKidsCo 11:11 AM 08-12-2016
Tennies in the winter and flip flops in the summer. Since I run poop diapers to the outside garbage it's easier to keep them on. Plus I got tired of stepping on toys and stuff with bare feet.
Mike 11:43 AM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Plus I got tired of stepping on toys and stuff with bare feet.
That can hurt.
Tags:shoes
Reply Up