Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Me Choose A Name- Five Finalists!
Nebula 06:26 PM 09-01-2013
I finally got the choices, I narrowed it down to 5 finalists... please vote!!

http://melmckibbin.com/?p=514
Starburst 06:28 PM 09-01-2013
I like River of Life and Eagle Wings
Nebula 06:33 PM 09-01-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:
I like River of Life and Eagle Wings
Thanks but pleasee pick one and go to the site and vote
cheerfuldom 06:35 PM 09-01-2013
I like Great Adventures. Little hands and feet seems too ordinary and done. the others almost seem intimidating as this is a daycare/preschool. The names remind me of a prep school or private academy or something.
Starburst 06:37 PM 09-01-2013
Originally Posted by Nebula:
Thanks but pleasee pick one and go to the site and vote
I already voted for River of Life.
Nebula 06:38 PM 09-01-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I like Great Adventures. Little hands and feet seems too ordinary and done. the others almost seem intimidating as this is a daycare/preschool. The names remind me of a prep school or private academy or something.
Yeah we kind of want to focus on being a prep school, but yeah I can see what youre saying. I can always change the ending part and just keep the actual name, We will see lol just can't decide
Familycare71 06:52 PM 09-01-2013
I voted for the first but ideally would change academy to center
Nebula 06:54 PM 09-01-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:
Yeah I changed the names on the poll to more child friendly
mamac 01:49 AM 09-02-2013
I agree. I also like Cornerstone but I feel that it is too long. I'd go with Cornerstone Early Learning Center.

(and just a note- if you go with the Eagles one you need an apostrophe in there.)
MamaBearCanada 04:35 AM 09-02-2013
I went on & voted for Cornerstone
Maria2013 07:25 AM 09-02-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I like Great Adventures.
That's what I voted for
sleepinghart 12:28 PM 09-02-2013
~...Just voted! (For "Eagles Wings Learning Center" btw ). Thanks for giving us a say in the name!!
Starburst 12:29 PM 09-02-2013
I kinda disagree. "Center" sounds too boring/conventional and cold to me (IMHO). Academy just means a place of learning (usually a school) but it doesn't have to mean a snooty private school or that they only have to focus on 'school' academics (can include life skills and safety lessons), so if you are doing a preschool program it fits better. Institute/institution can work too but then people might think it sounds like a prison or mental health ward (unless its phrased 'institute of learning'). Tech is sometimes also used for school names but I think people would think you let them watch TV or use IPads/computers all day.

Or if you are doing a preschool and a daycare you can have a name for the actual main daycare business and then for the preschool program have a different name (that's what I plan on doing).

EXAMPLE: "Great Adventures Daycare" (main business) Featuring "River of Life Academy" (Preschool)

Those two actually go great together.
butterfly 05:06 PM 09-02-2013
I voted for Cornerstone. - If you are doing a christian preschool, I think it's a really solid name.
MotherNature 04:31 AM 09-03-2013
I picked Cornerstone as well.
originalkat 02:45 PM 09-03-2013
I voted! Adventures
melilley 05:12 PM 09-03-2013
I voted Cornerstone as well. That name sounds professional and like a school. I also liked the Adventures name too. I guess it depends on how much of a "school" you want it to sound like.
Lyss 05:16 PM 09-03-2013
I like/voted cornerstone.

In my are there are multiple "great adventures" centers/daycares (slightly different, like "great adventure kids learning center," "adventures unlimited" and "one great adventure daycare" and just a few) so its not my favorite.
Tags:business name
Reply Up