Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crazy 1st Time DCMs
KIDZRMYBIZ 03:41 PM 10-28-2015
Ugh, I am so tired of hearing how terrible / tough / crying / screaming / can't sleep / can't poop / won't eat / ear pain / teething pain my 2 newest DCMS and 1 of a young toddler complain about. These kiddos are all just fine for me. I feel stupid telling the DCMs that they had a great day when DCD tells me that DCM ran to the 24hr store to get ear drops at 3:15am when he dropped off. I know that the kids can be tougher when night falls if they are sick or , genuinely) teething, but this is an All. The. Time. thing with these 3 DCMs. Drives me bonkers!
Kimskiddos 06:44 AM 10-29-2015
Originally Posted by KIDZRMYBIZ:
Ugh, I am so tired of hearing how terrible / tough / crying / screaming / can't sleep / can't poop / won't eat / ear pain / teething pain my 2 newest DCMS and 1 of a young toddler complain about. These kiddos are all just fine for me. I feel stupid telling the DCMs that they had a great day when DCD tells me that DCM ran to the 24hr store to get ear drops at 3:15am when he dropped off. I know that the kids can be tougher when night falls if they are sick or , genuinely) teething, but this is an All. The. Time. thing with these 3 DCMs. Drives me bonkers!
I hear you! I have an older first time mom that is OCD (I think anyway) and she is kind of "ruining" her kid! I can see her transferring her anxiety to the little girl, and it is sad. She gets this poor girl so worked up trying to fix it, tend it, soothe it, instead of just letting her calm down. She told me the other night that she had to climb in the bathtub fully dressed to calm her down. Why not just quickly finish the bath and move on? Climbing into the tub!?
Oh and after the first 2 weeks (which were rough and I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep her) this child is a easy, happy, busy 16mo. Happily dcd does most of the drop offs because when dcm does it that poor thing is a screaming, crying, clingy mess by the time she gets here.

Sorry to steal your post, I just can empathize.
Blackcat31 09:51 AM 10-29-2015
Originally Posted by KIDZRMYBIZ:
Oh my! If they are that sick, they should NOT be at daycare.

What in the world are the parents thinking?
KIDZRMYBIZ 11:27 AM 10-29-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Oh my! If they are that sick, they should NOT be at daycare.

What in the world are the parents thinking?
That's the thing. She isn't sick. She's a normal 9mo little baby with normal 9mo old baby woes. I guess DCM thought she was frantically pawing at her left ear (DCDs words) in the middle of the night, so she ran to get otc ear drops.

I felt like saying that to him, asking why she is coming to DC instead of the doctor, but I just make sympathize sounds instead. I guess I feel kinda embarrassed for them. I hope she outgrows it soon. The DCM that is!
Reply Up