Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cot Beds
CountryRoads 01:08 PM 02-18-2020
What do you use for nap time and do you like them?

Right now, I use the Regalo cot beds. I like the size and that they are up off the floor, I just am not a fan of the fitted sheet, which I'm required to have. They are ripping and don't seem to fit the best. Also, one is broke from getting jumped on

I've seen the stackable cots. Does anyone have those? Thoughts?
Cat Herder 01:16 PM 02-18-2020
I am not a fan of cots.

I prefer 3-inch crib mattresses with pillowcase sheets. Easier to clean, store, use and much more comfortable.
Ariana 01:22 PM 02-18-2020
I use both the stackable and Rigalo type. I like the stackable better for sure! You can make your own fitted sheets for them too!
284878 01:39 PM 02-18-2020
I use the Rigelo cot with the crib sheet.
Pandaluver21 01:44 PM 02-18-2020
I use a cot similar to the Rigelo and love it, as have the kids!

Crib mattress are also great, as you can still store them pretty easily when not in use (stacked)

I have worked at places with the regular stacking cots and I hated them, so did the kids.

This is what I have, it comes with a fitted sleeping bag, but a crib sheet also fits over it great (with the sleeping bag on)
https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=...QwzwIRA&adurl=

I bought them one at a time as I replaced the mattresses, they are more pricey than the rigelo, but when we looked into both, they seemed to be better quality as well as bigger.
Rockgirl 01:46 PM 02-18-2020
I have Sprogs stackable cots and the sheets that fit over the corners. I’ve been very happy with them. I have a strict rule of no standing on the cots—only sitting or lying down on them, so jumping on them would be a huge no-no.

I bought them and the sheets on amazon, by the way.
flying_babyb 05:41 PM 02-18-2020
We have stackable big blue cots and some angels brand grey ones. Im in love with the short greys! they are up off the floor a bit and fit a crib sheet. The only gripe i have is they are shorter, some of my tall 2s dont quite fit so well. (then again many of them insist on sleeping with there feet hanging off )
Annalee 04:50 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
I have Sprogs stackable cots and the sheets that fit over the corners. I’ve been very happy with them. I have a strict rule of no standing on the cots—only sitting or lying down on them, so jumping on them would be a huge no-no.

I bought them and the sheets on amazon, by the way.
I use these but bought standard baby bed sheets for them. Mine have lifetime warranty so I really love that!
Rockgirl 05:33 AM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I use these but bought standard baby bed sheets for them. Mine have lifetime warranty so I really love that!
Thanks for the tip about crib sheets!
SpringBear 08:59 AM 02-19-2020
I was told at my licensing visit that the roll up sleeping bag style mats were sufficient (fully cloth, can be thrown in the wash). I'm quite pleased with this, as it is a cheaper option that takes up less storage space.
AmyKidsCo 01:34 PM 02-21-2020
I have Regalo also with a regular crib sheet. They're too big but it doesn't bother the kiddos. I love how they fold up for storage!
BlueChairBlessings 06:46 PM 02-22-2020
I also use youth sleeping bags. I was able to pick up 6 for $10 TOTAL 😮 at a garage sale from someone I actually knew. Every Friday, I wash them on the sanitize cycle.
Tags:cots, cots vs mats
Reply Up