Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pumpkins
BentleysBands 08:33 AM 10-29-2010
did anyone carve pumpkins with the kids today or this past week?

my DH is doing one now w/the kids and its so cute ! we are cooking the seeds later and see what they think
Live and Learn 09:13 AM 10-29-2010
We got lil pumpkins at the pumpkin patch and those went home last week.
My lil ones came with costumes and teachers are picking their kids up early to attend school parties today.....I am actually going to done for the day by 3:00...... Hip hip hooray!....I love Halloween...I got a lot of great pictures of the dck this week.
MG&Lsmom 09:21 AM 10-29-2010
The kids decided to they wanted to paint instead. I don't know what's messier, paint or pumpkin innards.
BentleysBands 10:21 AM 10-29-2010
LOL @ inards LOL

we did it outsied and only ONE big one lol...DH dealt w/it

we couldnt do costumes this year. i have a few families that do not participate for one reason or another so out of respect we did w/o

but got lots of pics doing our lil party!!
Lilbutterflie 10:22 AM 10-29-2010
Originally Posted by MG&Lsmom:
The kids decided to they wanted to paint instead. I don't know what's messier, paint or pumpkin innards.
Oh, I definitely think pumpkin innards are messier than paint! But both are a pain...
I have not carved pumpkins with the kids. We do this as a family event with cousins every year, and I didn't really want buy different sets of pumpkins for both occasions. But we had a Halloween costume party last week with lots of activities and goodies, and we have done lots of pumpkin and halloween crafts. I really didn't want to bother with the expense of the pumpkins or the mess.
DCMomOf3 10:23 AM 10-29-2010
I do this every year with my own kids, we did ours last night. No one wants to get slimy though so I end up doing it all.
Abigail 09:31 PM 10-31-2010
Last week we teamed up the kids in groups of two's since we only had 6 pumpkins. The ages participating were 2-5 and the young ones watched. Only one boy got his lid off or else we were the ones carving. They all enjoyed scooping out and putting the mess into a bucket. It got everywhere and took about 2 hours from start to finish. The strings were the hardest to get off the floor after they had been stepped on over and over! The tables all had a slight color of orange on them for the day, but they all washed up nice! They had simple faces drawn on each pumpkin before taking off the lids, but only one boy actually cut out his face and the rest were left. At a young age, it's tough for them to do it, but it's always best to let them work on it!
TGT09 05:52 AM 11-01-2010
We painted, I felt like it was easier with my 3 yo's.
Tags:activities, halloween
Reply Up