Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yuck!
MN Mom 06:10 AM 06-21-2012
First week back from vacation and my bother/sister family brought a nasty virus into the house. They came Monday with a minor dry cough. Nothing alarming. The sister had a clear runny nose. Tuesday the girl still had a cough, and runny nose, but the brother was fine. By Tuesday night the left side of my throat started to hurt. I hardly slept due to my throat feeling like it was on fire. Yesterday was HELL for me, but I muddled through the day, drinking lots of fluids and herbal tea with honey. I'm feeling OK today, except for my sinuses and stuffy nose. Now my 2 oldest daughters are sick, and my husbands nose is starting to run w/ a minor cough. YUCK YUCK YUCK.

I'm glad I only have 1 dck today, my easiest one. It's going to be a LAZY day of movies, tissues, and "rest".

I went almost 2 years without the slightest sniffle...and so far this spring I've had 3 head colds.

C'est la vie!
MN Mom 02:51 PM 06-26-2012
So I finally went to the doctor today for severe congestion, constant coughing, and wheezing.....

It was bronchitis turned into pneumonia. I am on 10 days of antibiotics and 2 different nebulizer medications for 3 weeks. (Albuterol and Pulmicort)

Kicker is, my insurance card was expired so I had to pay for the nebulizer meds out of pocket - 235 dollars!!!!! I hope I can find the new cards so I can go back to the pharmacy and get a refund.
Blackcat31 03:01 PM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by MN Mom:
So I finally went to the doctor today for severe congestion, constant coughing, and wheezing.....

It was bronchitis turned into pneumonia. I am on 10 days of antibiotics and 2 different nebulizer medications for 3 weeks. (Albuterol and Pulmicort)

Kicker is, my insurance card was expired so I had to pay for the nebulizer meds out of pocket - 235 dollars!!!!! I hope I can find the new cards so I can go back to the pharmacy and get a refund.
Don't you have a drug store that will rent you one? We have a medical supply store/pharmacy that will rent them to people for a few dollars a day.

I had a few kids a couple years back that had asthma and needed nebs a couple times per week. The parents werent always so good about remembering to bring me the nebulizer so I called my licensor and she was able to find a program that gave me one to keep on site at daycare.

Wish you lived closer.....I would totally borrow it to you as I haven't used it in a long time.

I hope you find your insurance card. I am sure the refund would be nice.
SilverSabre25 03:02 PM 06-26-2012
OH yuck! I'm so sorry you're sick. That is one of the unfortunate side effects of this profession. Feel better sooN! And I hope you find those cards asap!
MN Mom 03:13 PM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Don't you have a drug store that will rent you one? We have a medical supply store/pharmacy that will rent them to people for a few dollars a day.

I had a few kids a couple years back that had asthma and needed nebs a couple times per week. The parents werent always so good about remembering to bring me the nebulizer so I called my licensor and she was able to find a program that gave me one to keep on site at daycare.

Wish you lived closer.....I would totally borrow it to you as I haven't used it in a long time.

I hope you find your insurance card. I am sure the refund would be nice.
I own a nebulizer, that wasn't the issue. That was the cost of the medications, and both were generic. I still haven't found the cards. I guess I'll have to call the insurance company and request new ones.
Blackcat31 03:17 PM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by MN Mom:
I own a nebulizer, that wasn't the issue. That was the cost of the medications, and both were generic. I still haven't found the cards. I guess I'll have to call the insurance company and request new ones.
Ugh...that sucks. Sorry I didn't read thouroughly...

I would surely hope that the pharmacy had the means of verifying that you have valid insurance but I also suppose I can see them not wanting to take the time to call and do that as they probably figure it is your responsibiltiy to keep and maintain the cards. I guess from a business owners standpoint, I can totally see where they are coming from.

Still, I really hope you are able to get duplicates or maybe even have an insurance rep call the pharmacy and verify your info. Maybe even fax a duplicate card over to them.

I also hope you feel better soon!
MN Mom 03:19 PM 06-26-2012
Thanks ladies! You guys rock :-)
cheerfuldom 03:22 PM 06-26-2012
hope you feel better soon! seems like this spring/summer have been rampant with nasty little summer coughs and just yucky things going around here.
Tags:sickness
Reply Up