Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Child’s Belongings
Unregistered 07:38 AM 11-25-2020
How long do you give families to pick up their child’s belongings after termination of contract?

What do you do with the belongings if they don’t come for them?
Cat Herder 07:48 AM 11-25-2020
Two weeks then I donate.
Gemma 08:15 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
How long do you give families to pick up their child’s belongings after termination of contract?

What do you do with the belongings if they don’t come for them?
I give them 5 business
days from the last day in care
If they don't pick up I donate
e.j. 05:47 PM 11-25-2020
I don't go by a specific amount of time but when I get tired of having it laying around, I either toss the stuff or use it. Someone left a full pack of unopened diapers. I kept those and use them for emergencies when a parent hasn't replenished their kids stash of diapers. If it's clothing and in good repair, I use it for times when I don't have a change of clothing for a kid.

I do have one kid's backpack from maybe 2 years ago. It was personalized with her name; I really should toss; I doubt they're coming back for it at this point and the name is unusual enough that I can't really give it to anyone to use! For some reason, I hesitate to toss it. I probably should have a policy just so I can throw these things out without feeling so guilty.
AmyKidsCo 12:52 PM 12-02-2020
I mail it to the parents. It's a business expense and I don't want the parents accusing me of "stealing" or something else later on.
Tags:stuff from home, termination
Reply Up