Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-08-2019, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Default What Do I Say When I Hand a Term Letter Over?

I'm terminating care today effective today. I'm not giving a two weeks notice. I've been extremely uncomfortable with this parent. I've watched for 3 weeks total the first day he poked me hard yelling me his child could put her own shoes on. All three weeks payment has been late. The father and mother broke up and their new schedule is not something I agreed upon at enrollment. The father has said rude comments to myself, my husband and my mother who is my substitute. My question is what do I say when I hand him the envelope containing my immediate termination?
Old 11-08-2019, 12:21 PM
Daycare.com Member

He physically touched you? Has been verbally abusive?

If it were me:
#1 I'd have the police on speed dial and ready to go in my hand.
#2 I'd call my licensor with a heads up.
#3 Have your husband or another adult on the premises if possible.
#4 When he arrived for pick up today, I'd kindly ask him to step outside. When he did, I'd stay in the doorway, hand him the envelope and say "this is the last day I am providing care for Johnny. You are not allowed on my property anymore. Then close the door and lock it.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

I would email it after closing today in this case.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

I'm afraid if I email it he will pretend he never received it.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:57 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm afraid if I email it he will pretend he never received it.
I would make sure your husband is present or at least another adult. Just hand him the letter and say today is DCBís last day and here are his belongings. Then shut the door.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:02 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmom View Post
He physically touched you? Has been verbally abusive?

If it were me:
#1 I'd have the police on speed dial and ready to go in my hand.
#2 I'd call my licensor with a heads up.
#3 Have your husband or another adult on the premises if possible.
#4 When he arrived for pick up today, I'd kindly ask him to step outside. When he did, I'd stay in the doorway, hand him the envelope and say "this is the last day I am providing care for Johnny. You are not allowed on my property anymore. Then close the door and lock it.
Do all of the above ^^
Old 11-10-2019, 09:09 AM
Unregistered

Default Gave notice

I gave him my notice. He was confrontational. Saying it was bull s*** and how he's going to have to quit his job to take care of his daughter to his 3 year old. Then he had his mother call me, as well as text me asking if I was willing to take the child if the mother or grandmother did drop off and pick up. SMH. I'm not.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:18 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I gave him my notice. He was confrontational. Saying it was bull s*** and how he's going to have to quit his job to take care of his daughter to his 3 year old. Then he had his mother call me, as well as text me asking if I was willing to take the child if the mother or grandmother did drop off and pick up. SMH. I'm not.
Maybe if he learned to treat people better he wouldnít need his mommy to help him out

Good for you, you must be relieved!
Old Yesterday, 06:45 AM
Unregistered

Ariana that's exactly what I was thinking, and by the mom's message I can tell she's used to taking care of his problems.good riddance.
Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM

Im sorry you had to deal with that type of parent.

If he has to quit his job, that's on him.

It's too bad he doesn't realize how his actions impact his situation.

I'm glad he's gone now... hopefully he just moves on and leaves you alone.
Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

I'm glad they are gone too. I'm not dreading him dropping off or picking up.

Tags
parent from hell, terminate - abusive parents