Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Special Needs Care
hwichlaz 01:01 PM 01-31-2018
I'm now in the process of becoming a vendor for Regional Center. ❤ I'll be providing childcare and preschool for up to 50% SN children, and hosting their para educators in my facility/home. I maintain the rights to screen clients and choose who I accept, and they'll refer them to me.

I currently have a 50/50 blend not counting my after-schoolers, and one of the children is through Regional Center. They asked me to be part of this new pilot program. They think that 50/50 is the perfect ratio for modeling typical age appropriate behaviors AND serving as many children with DDs as possible. I'll get support staff on their dime, AND adult interaction. WOOT!!!
Mike 01:09 PM 01-31-2018
Sounds like a good future ahead for you.
Blackcat31 01:10 PM 01-31-2018
Wow, that sounds really cool!

What a great experience for every side!

I'd love to do something like that but the only pilot program I ever participated in other than QRIS was taking children who's parent (mom) was in a halfway house for drug/alcohol rehabilitation.

After about 3.5 yrs, I got tired of abandoned kids and calling CPS so I stopped taking anyone from the program.

Your new pilot program however sounds really cool!
hwichlaz 01:16 PM 01-31-2018
I'm really excited. They said that SN care is in very short supply and they can keep me in referrals for the foreseeable future.

Also, if a child needs equipment that I don't have, like a wheelchair ramp or a special chair, they'll provide it. I also get the final say on clients I accept. So if their parents are throwing our red flags, it's up to me. I don't HAVE to accept any of their referrals.
storybookending 02:30 PM 01-31-2018
Wow what a great opportunity. It takes a special person to work with special needs children. Way to go!
Cat Herder 02:39 PM 01-31-2018
Congrats!
mamamanda 06:06 PM 01-31-2018
That sounds wonderful! I'm excited for you!
Tags:special needs
Reply Up