Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Training Underwear And Plastic Covers
ABCDaycareMN 11:36 AM 08-01-2013
I'm just starting potty training my daughter and from this site I have decided to use the training underwear and plastic covers instead of pull ups.

My daughter 22.5 months will wear the underwear and loves them but will not wear the plastic covers.

Any tips to get her to like/wear the plastic covers. I don't want accidents all over my house.
MCC 11:42 AM 08-01-2013
We ended up using cloth swim diapers for my DD, like iPlay ones, or Charlie Banana. They will hold an entire pee if she has a complete accident, but also feel wet on the inside, so she will know she's gone.

We tried the underwear/plastic pants and my DD wouldn't wear them either.
blandino 11:43 AM 08-01-2013
I love the training pants versus pull-ups.

There are some tutorials on pinterest that show how to sew a waterproof cover on to the actual training pants. So that they are all in ones.

I also know that at my department stores, they sell Gerber brand all-in-one training pants.

Those plastic pants are horrible ! I have gone so far as to order the smallest size they make, and they are still HUGE.
ABCDaycareMN 11:49 AM 08-01-2013
I did buy the gerber brand but not sure that they are all in ones. They are thick but if she wet like last night on the couch it soaked through to the couch. But when she wet outside standing up there was no mess at all.

And the plastic pants are HUGE!! And they are the 12-18 month size. But that's the size she would wear anyway, she is tiny.
Blackcat31 12:30 PM 08-01-2013
Is she really into the excitement of wearing underwear and toilet training?

If so, I would simply give her a choice with two options. Either wear the plastic pants WITH the trainer undies or wear a diaper. NO other choice.

If she wants to be a big girl, I would think she'd definitely make the right choice

I don't know if this would or wouldn't work for your DD or not but that's the route I took with my DS. It worked.
Unregistered 12:33 PM 08-01-2013
you can buy all in one cloth training pants- I bought a bunch used on thebabywearer.com and some facebook cloth diapering pages. They can get a little expensive if you buy them new- Kawaii are some of the cheaper ones. You can get them at theluvyourbaby.com.

No need for a wash routine like cloth diapers, they can just go in with regular laundry, just no fabric softener.
Size18 01:16 PM 09-15-2013
Originally Posted by ABCDaycareMN:
I'm just starting potty training my daughter and from this site I have decided to use the training underwear and plastic covers instead of pull ups.

My daughter 22.5 months will wear the underwear and loves them but will not wear the plastic covers.

Any tips to get her to like/wear the plastic covers. I don't want accidents all over my house.
Try sandwiching the rubber pants between two pairs of soakers (cloth training pants). A friend of mine did that with one of her children and it solved the problem.
Cradle2crayons 01:26 PM 09-15-2013
I potty trained my own kids just like I do with my daycare kids.

I waited until they were able to verbalize they needed to potty and could stay dry for a period of time. Then we started training while in diapers. When they were dry two weeks in diapers, they got underwear. By the time that happened, there was rarely, if ever, an accident and never a full accident.
Tags:potty training
Reply Up