Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Terrible 3's? Yes!
melilley 10:32 AM 01-09-2014
I came across this article/blog and thought I would share. It's not about the terrible two's, but the terrible 3's and also how J is an angel at school, but a completely different person at home, just like we talk about! I admit the 3's are my least favorite age. At least I'm not alone.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adrian...b_3084587.html

Warning: There are a few swear words in the blog.
lovemykidstoo 10:45 AM 01-09-2014
I've always said that it's the "terrible two's" and the "God awful 3's". Three's are way worse IMO.
melilley 11:24 AM 01-09-2014
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I've always said that it's the "terrible two's" and the "God awful 3's". Three's are way worse IMO.
I think 3's are too! I worked in 3 different centers in the past and at every one, no one wanted to work in the 3's room! Well, every once in a while we came across someone that wanted to, but not often.

Once I got stuck in the 3 yo room and they made me cry! I had 10 to myself. The toilet over flowed, they wouldn't nap, wouldn't clean up, the list goes on a and on!
Laurel 02:59 PM 01-09-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
I came across this article/blog and thought I would share. It's not about the terrible two's, but the terrible 3's and also how J is an angel at school, but a completely different person at home, just like we talk about! I admit the 3's are my least favorite age. At least I'm not alone.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adrian...b_3084587.html

Warning: There are a few swear words in the blog.
Great! I just sent this to my daughter whose son I watch. Wow, he is a piece of work lately!!!

Laurel
Naptime yet? 06:04 PM 01-09-2014
This reminds me of another blogger:

http://jasongood.net/365/2012/12/46-...-freaking-out/

Funny stuff
Sunshine74 06:20 PM 01-09-2014
I have the 2's and we can always tell when they are close to 3 (and ready to move up to the next room) because their behavior does tend to get worse.
heyhun77 06:16 AM 01-11-2014
When I closed my home daycare for 18 months I was a 3's teacher. I LOVED it. Yes it's challenging but it's also so rewarding. 3's are a super tough age because they aren't toddlers anymore but they aren't really preschoolers yet. They are still working on potty training (most are dry but still working on the fact that they have to go potty while playing their favorite activity and have to stop playing to go potty), they are able to do more things for themselves but usually need lots of encouragement, they are usually hungry for adventure but still looking for reassurance from their parents that it's okay to be independant.

What I've found most about 3's is that the parents who don't hover and do everything for their child have children who are better adjusted and able to get through that time better. The parents who hover and do things for their children without making them try are the kids who were the toughest challenges.

That being said, I've been on both sides of this being a daycare provider and a parent. The parent side isn't super fun no matter how much encouragement you give the kids and how many times you use a calm voice when things get tense. You can only be restrained so long when your child refuses to put on their shoes. :-)
thetoddlerwhisper 07:13 AM 01-11-2014
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
I have the 2's and we can always tell when they are close to 3 (and ready to move up to the next room) because their behavior does tend to get worse.
oh and dont they! i love my 2s but a couple of my almost 3s are driving me up the walls!!!
JoseyJo 07:18 AM 01-11-2014
3's are my favorite age Old enough to reason with and too young to be too inventive with "reasoning" back
thetoddlerwhisper 07:23 AM 01-11-2014
Originally Posted by JoseyJo:
3's are my favorite age Old enough to reason with and too young to be too inventive with "reasoning" back
lol wanna trade groups some of my 2s are trying to reason back and have developed excuses for things
Reply Up