Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>15 mo climber
Unregistered 06:31 AM 03-19-2015
How do you guys prevent a 15mo old from climbing on everything? I am consently redirecting but I'm at a loss for how to stop it, She's always climbing on chairs, stools, couches etc
hope 07:51 AM 03-19-2015
I make baby obstacle course out of pillows, blankets, bins whatever is around the house. I have a tunnel and tents set up with it. At 15 months they should be able to know what a seat is for and use it properly. They can sit in it. If they try to stand on it i put it in another room and try again later. When they climb on couch they are not allowed on couch for a period of time. We practice bottoms only. 15 months is way to old for that behavior. I would also have parents help with this at their home too.
Gemma 10:54 AM 03-19-2015
I'd keep my eyes on that child and correct him every time he attempts to climb, reminding him "we climb outside", then when we go outside, I'll spend extra time helping around climbing structures...it works for me!
heyhun77 11:49 AM 03-19-2015
I have a 13 month old doing this right now (early walker at 10 months) and she is driving me batty this week! I do a lot of correcting so she will eventually be able to remember that chairs are for sitting but after about 3 corrections I just redirect her to another activity.
Reply Up