Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wow-These Poor Kids!
Country Kids 01:46 PM 02-21-2012
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...rom-texas-home

OK didn't work like I had planned but maybe you can look up the article from this.

OH, I guess it did work! Go Me!
Bookworm 01:56 PM 02-21-2012
What's wrong with people?
KEG123 02:12 PM 02-21-2012
Wow. SO much wrong w/this story!
Hunni Bee 02:29 PM 02-21-2012

How awful.
MissK 08:33 AM 02-22-2012
Wow Thats really all I can say. Its so hard to read stories like this
KDC 08:53 AM 02-22-2012
This just makes my stomach churn... This story is SICK!

Soap box moment...
IL state is required to send a list of sex offenders to all the Licensed Home Daycare by County. This PACKET is full of names in alphabetical order, not by say, city? The packet is like 50-60 pages with maybe 30 names on each page front & back. This makes NO sense... How is anyone supposed to look through the entire packet and see if by chance someone lives next to them. It's entirely a waste of paper.

Here's an idea... If the state has the IL Licensed Daycare addresses & a list of the Sex offenders addresses... surely someone in the state can run the lists against each other in the database to spit out results to see if by chance a sex offender's address is the SAME as someone licensed? It would take 20 minutes tops to write that query. Or if say someone lives next DOOR to a licensed sex offender. One lived next to me for 3 years before the state took action. There is so much ambiguity in the sex offender laws, and they're *surprised* when stuff like this happens?

Sexual predator is not allowed to live next to me. (Cannot live within 500 feet of Daycare), However, he can visit anytime he pleases according to the State?? This is so backwards... he can be home in his front or back yard watching the kids every move, but not at night when they're gone.

It's really a shame...

Ok... stepping off the soap box
Tags:article
Reply Up