Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where to Buy Baby Food
KnoxMom 10:25 AM 07-08-2013
So I'm at that stage where the group is shifting to younger end of the spectrum. I have a food processor, so I should be able to make a decent amount of purees and freeze them but until I get that going-where is the best place to buy baby food? What brand? Our Costco is on the other side of town so the drive would cut any savings. I currently have access to the following:

-Kroger
-Food City
-Save a Lot
-Dollar General Marketplace
-Walmart
-Sam's (I have a membership)
-Ollie's
-The Fresh Market
-Target

Help!! I've been spoiled by having 2+ until now
sharlan 10:27 AM 07-08-2013
Do you have a Target nearby? I've found them to be the cheapest. They generally have good sales, add in coupons, and their 5% discount with their "redcard" and it adds up.
Cradle2crayons 10:38 AM 07-08-2013
I buy baby food at Walmart. It's the cheapest I've found here.
KnoxMom 12:35 PM 07-08-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Do you have a Target nearby? I've found them to be the cheapest. They generally have good sales, add in coupons, and their 5% discount with their "redcard" and it adds up.
Is the redcard a loyalty card or a credit card? I rarely shop at Target...
Blackcat31 12:35 PM 07-08-2013
Usually whatever the rest of the kids are having for lunch I puree for my baby/toddler. I don't bother freezing anything, I just do it daily.
kathiemarie 01:14 PM 07-08-2013
Originally Posted by KnoxMom:
Is the redcard a loyalty card or a credit card? I rarely shop at Target...
It is their debit (taken out of your checking account in 1 to 3 days) or regular credit card. I have the debit and I love it. I have saved over $60 this year!
sharlan 01:27 PM 07-08-2013
Originally Posted by kathiemarie:
It is their debit (taken out of your checking account in 1 to 3 days) or regular credit card. I have the debit and I love it. I have saved over $60 this year!
It's like she said, a debit card attached to your checking account. They have a credit card, but I don't have it.

I do a lot of shopping at Target. I believe that I have saved about $200 just with the redcard, not counting my coupons so far this year. Target also has a lot of their own coupons that you can download from their website. Plus, they donate a portion of my sales to my grandkids' school.
nannyde 08:20 PM 07-08-2013
I never buy baby food. It's so easy to make.
heyhun77 08:58 PM 07-08-2013
I make all my baby food and just freeze it in ice cube trays so I can pull out enough for each day to thaw in the fridge. Doesn't take much to make each kind. I usually build up my stash one or two foods a week to replace what we've used and can do it during nap time.
Meyou 03:48 AM 07-09-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Usually whatever the rest of the kids are having for lunch I puree for my baby/toddler. I don't bother freezing anything, I just do it daily.
This. My mini food processor is one of my favorite things.
Familycare71 05:14 AM 07-09-2013
It's like she said, a debit card attached to your checking account. They have a credit card, but I don't have it.

I do a lot of shopping at Target. I believe that I have saved about $200 just with the redcard, not counting my coupons so far this year. Target also has a lot of their own coupons that you can download from their website. Plus, they donate a portion of my sales to my grandkids' school.
I LOVE my target debit card!!! Really helps at holidays too
KnoxMom 07:59 AM 07-16-2013

Awesome! I'll have to look into that For now I've just been relying on my food processor daily until my new deep freezer comes in from Home Depot. Can't wait!!
Tags:baby food, purchasing baby food
Reply Up