Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>SICK Kids
krosey5 02:00 PM 10-31-2013
One of my daycare kids became ill on Sunday. Mom kept her home on Monday. She is PT so not scheduled to be here Tues/Wed. Today is her first day back. She is still sick IMHO. Lethargic, fussy/crying at drop of hat, wheezing/horrible cough. I can just see how worn out she is by looking at her face. She has been on an antibiotic since Sunday eve.....

What do you do in this situation? She still seems too sick to be at care. But no fever & it's been over 24 hours since she started the antibiotic. HELP!
Cradle2crayons 02:04 PM 10-31-2013
Originally Posted by krosey5:
One of my daycare kids became ill on Sunday. Mom kept her home on Monday. She is PT so not scheduled to be here Tues/Wed. Today is her first day back. She is still sick IMHO. Lethargic, fussy/crying at drop of hat, wheezing/horrible cough. I can just see how worn out she is by looking at her face. She has been on an antibiotic since Sunday eve.....

What do you do in this situation? She still seems too sick to be at care. But no fever & it's been over 24 hours since she started the antibiotic. HELP!
I'd send her home. And recommend a follow up recheck with her physician. She should be showing SOME signs of improvement by now.

If a child can't participate in daycare normally, they are too sick to be in daycare.
Reply Up