Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Food Program Questions For Infants
Josiegirl 10:47 AM 05-19-2017
My dcbaby just turned 8 mo. So when I went to enter her foods for this week, I noticed some changes where I mark down what she eats. It now has at snack time a grain plus juice, along with the formula. Do I have to feed her all 3 of those things, or choose 2 options such as for the other dcks? It's been so long since I've had a baby in my care and I don't remember. It doesn't even list fruit, just juice. We don't do juice here. She's not doing crackers yet and by snack time she's already had 2 servings of baby cereal so pretty much all that's left is toast, english muffin and things like that(unless I want to serve her donuts) . It's just weird that's all they offer. No yogurt for snack, or cheese, etc.?
Blackcat31 12:56 PM 05-19-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
My dcbaby just turned 8 mo. So when I went to enter her foods for this week, I noticed some changes where I mark down what she eats. It now has at snack time a grain plus juice, along with the formula. Do I have to feed her all 3 of those things, or choose 2 options such as for the other dcks? It's been so long since I've had a baby in my care and I don't remember. It doesn't even list fruit, just juice. We don't do juice here. She's not doing crackers yet and by snack time she's already had 2 servings of baby cereal so pretty much all that's left is toast, english muffin and things like that(unless I want to serve her donuts) . It's just weird that's all they offer. No yogurt for snack, or cheese, etc.?
For snacks you only need to choose formula/breast milk OR juice. The bread/cracker component is optional but not required.

Here is a handout comparing the old infant meal patterns and the new ones that will take effect in October 2017.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_...ew?usp=sharing
Michael 01:23 PM 05-19-2017
Here is another thread on Infant Food Programs: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25746
Josiegirl 01:48 AM 05-20-2017
Thank you for that info!!
I do have to say that with all the negativity surrounding juice in a child's diet, I was quite surprised that it was offered on the list, and not fruit/veggies.
Tags:food program, food program questions, infant food program
Reply Up