Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>School Just Called
bunnyslippers 06:23 AM 05-30-2013
I have to go pick up my son. This is when this job becomes over the moon stressful! I have a five year old at school sick, I work here alone with 6 kids,
and my husband is an hour away!!!!!! ARGH! My mom is now coming to relieve me, so I can go pick him up at school. I hate moments like this!!!!!
daycarediva 06:38 AM 05-30-2013
I do, too! Thankfully I have a stepdad and MIL close that are both returned and can run to the school to pick up for me.

I hope your ds feels better and nobody else gets sick!
lovemykidstoo 06:42 AM 05-30-2013
You sound just like me. I absolutely hate when that happens. It's so hard to figure out who can help ya. hope your child feels better.
Play Care 07:50 AM 05-30-2013
Can't your mom just pick him up and bring him home?

I have an agreement with a couple of my neighbors that they can pick up for me in case of emergency. I had a couple of times last year when my kids were "sick of school" and were getting the nurse to send them home. I put the kibosh on that real quick!

Hope your little guy feels better!
Cradle2crayons 07:56 AM 05-30-2013
Gosh yes this is usually a nightmare for me. It only happened ONCE last school year but I have the same problem. My husband works offshore so it's the luck of the draw whether he's here or not if that were to happen. The one time it happened last school year though I had enough room in my car for everyone.

Hope your kiddo gets well soon. School is out here for the summer.
crazydaycarelady 08:05 AM 05-30-2013
Yes, that is stressful! I was lucky to have grandparents that could help in a pinch.
KEG123 06:57 AM 05-31-2013
I dread the day this happens. Right now I have no kids in daycare, but hope to have that remedied by the school year. I am a single mom, and my only family member in town is my grandpa who is 87 years old. I'm thinking of getting my grandpa a spare carseat/booster for his van, that can be left installed in case an emergency pickup is needed.
Jewels 07:05 AM 05-31-2013
My son is in half day kindergarten, so I haven't had this happen yet, usually by 11am when hes getting ready to leave for school I can tell if hes feeling okay, but next year when he leaves at 7:20 in the morning, I don't think I'll know if hes not quite right that early, I think I have plenty of options in my town though to help me out, between neighbors, other moms I know, and my parents live 35 minutes away but think they would help and my husband works 45 minutes away, but I would try everything else before having him leave work, its just not that easy for him,.
DaisyMamma 08:00 AM 05-31-2013
I hate that!
And now you have 6 kids there to care for, when really you want to take care of ds and not be bothered by work.
Hang in there.
KBCsMommy 08:36 AM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
I have to go pick up my son. This is when this job becomes over the moon stressful! I have a five year old at school sick, I work here alone with 6 kids,
and my husband is an hour away!!!!!! ARGH! My mom is now coming to relieve me, so I can go pick him up at school. I hate moments like this!!!!!
My son is starting kindergarten in the fall and this is exactly what I'm afraid of

My husband works half an hour out of town, I have no family that even lives in this state, all of my friends work, and the school is about a half mile away across two very busy streets.

I think I'm going to have to come up with some sort of plan for situations like this
Reply Up