Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ever Sent A Baby Home For Too Much Crying?
jojosmommy 11:59 AM 12-09-2013
I have a dck who has been here since July. Still screams all nap, unless you rock her back to sleep EVERY 30 minutes. She needs nothing, fed, changed, warm etc. But, I have talked to mom and I get the run around (pretend to be surprised). Ive heard it ALL.

Im annoyed because dck is now waking up my own kids at nap because of this screaming AND by 3 pm this baby is a wreck bc of not napping. So the crying continues.

I feel like I might get mom on board if I called her to pick up dck if she screamed longer than an hour. Which is every single day.

Is this a foolish idea? I know mom will possibly term if she has to come pick the kid up all the time but I am out of ideas.
thetoddlerwhisper 12:02 PM 12-09-2013
not a baby but i have sent a toddler home before after sending a video of his screaming to mom. he just sat and cried for no reason and after about hour and a half id had enough
JoseyJo 12:05 PM 12-09-2013
I think that is a great idea. Sometimes we just have to hand the problem back over to them to get them to either they get on board or find another dcprovider!
Annalee 12:07 PM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
I have a dck who has been here since July. Still screams all nap, unless you rock her back to sleep EVERY 30 minutes. She needs nothing, fed, changed, warm etc. But, I have talked to mom and I get the run around (pretend to be surprised). Ive heard it ALL.

Im annoyed because dck is now waking up my own kids at nap because of this screaming AND by 3 pm this baby is a wreck bc of not napping. So the crying continues.

I feel like I might get mom on board if I called her to pick up dck if she screamed longer than an hour. Which is every single day.

Is this a foolish idea? I know mom will possibly term if she has to come pick the kid up all the time but I am out of ideas.
I have termed for too much crying! Tried calling the parent, but she didn't feel the need to pick her up. If a parent isn't willing to work with me, I suggest they find alternate care!
Heidi 12:08 PM 12-09-2013
ok...but why are you rocking, holding, etc. this baby to sleep?

How old is the little stinker?
jojosmommy 12:10 PM 12-09-2013
Im NOT! Thats why she cries. Mom does it and this kidvexpects it. I dont.
jojosmommy 12:14 PM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
ok...but why are you rocking, holding, etc. this baby to sleep?

How old is the little stinker?
8 months. And no rocking, coddling, feeding, tricking to sleep here. Just fed, changed, a kiss and goodnight. But even with CIO since July dck is still flipping out.

Mom is "very busy" so dck sleeps in car a lot if you kwim. No rules, no structure. No plan.
Heidi 12:16 PM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
Im NOT! Thats why she cries. Mom does it and this kidvexpects it. I dont.
Oh, got ya! Sorry! I thought you meant YOU"D tried it, and it was the only thing that worked.

I'm pretty close to sending one home permanently myself. He is 5 1/2 months, and is just not getting the whole "group care" thing. It's constant drama. I keep thinking "it'll get better when he's 4 months...5 months...6 months" but it really hasn't changed much since the day he started at 6 weeks.

So, she cries when you put her down, then wakes up the whole house when she's done? I have 2 trying to do that at this very moment. ARGGGHH! A whole 45 minutes of quiet.

I have NOWHERE to take these kids when they're awake, even if I wanted to. Kids asleep all over this little house, well SUPPOSEDLY asleep!
kitykids3 12:34 PM 12-09-2013
I try not to bother parents when they are working, but I did call one mom one day last spring because her baby wouldn't stop crying. He cried a lot and this was a day I didn't have my helper here, so he didn't get to be held and he cried for an hour and a half and my 5 other kiddos and I had had enough so I called mom about 11:00 and told her to take him home. Ultimately I termed him cuz he cried all the time but I think it was his tummy but the parents were in denial even tho I kept telling them something was not right. They wouldn't even bring gas drops just to try and he was here 10 hours a day.
cheerfuldom 01:01 PM 12-09-2013
If you have given her 8 months to adjust and you cannot accommodate a crier by separating, white noise, etc. then I would term. Mom has already said by actions that she has no intention of changing home life or of supporting your needs during the day. time to pull the plug.
Play Care 01:35 PM 12-09-2013
I did it, but did not tell mom the "real" reason. Just said baby wasn't well and was running a slight fever if it were constant or not improving I would term.
Reply Up