Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Is This Person Feeding The Kids?
Thriftylady 04:24 PM 02-13-2015
Someone posted on one of my facebook groups looking for childcare but has money issues, but seemed willing to pay I don't know. Someone else posts down the line "XXX only charges $10 a DAY, I take my kids there they love her". Ok my first question was how many kids is she cramming into her house? My second one was does she even feed them? I am pretty cheap, to cheap really but $10 a day??? I would lose money.
Thriftylady 04:26 PM 02-13-2015
Oh and that provider just replied "I am full but can help out for a couple of weeks".
Unregistered 04:57 PM 02-13-2015
Another idiot posting stuff online that's gets them into trouble..... they deserve it lol
Unregistered 06:24 PM 02-13-2015
How is that possible? I charged that 25 years ago! Wow!
Laurel 07:08 PM 02-13-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Someone posted on one of my facebook groups looking for childcare but has money issues, but seemed willing to pay I don't know. Someone else posts down the line "XXX only charges $10 a DAY, I take my kids there they love her". Ok my first question was how many kids is she cramming into her house? My second one was does she even feed them? I am pretty cheap, to cheap really but $10 a day??? I would lose money.
Maybe they bring their lunch?
Thriftylady 06:09 AM 02-14-2015
Originally Posted by Laurel:
Maybe they bring their lunch?
I suppose that is possible, but what a hassle. I can hear it now "but miss thrifty why do I have to eat carrots? I want a cookie like Mike has".
Crazy8 08:58 AM 02-14-2015
I've done daycare for 13 years and have never provided lunch. It is actually pretty uncommon here for a daycare to provide lunch. $10/day is insanely low though.
Starburst 09:25 AM 02-14-2015
Maybe she's on food program. Or maybe her husband has a good paying job and she is just doing daycare for fun or to make her own money. Everyone's background/needs are different.
AmyKidsCo 01:20 PM 02-14-2015
There are a couple people around here who don't need the money so they charge insanely low fees, which really screws up the county average and high/low charts that our CCRR does every year.
finsup 01:43 PM 02-14-2015
Yeah...10$ a day is so not worth it. Then when/if parents get tired of the care, I hear "well so and so only charged 10$ a day and I don't want to pay more then that." Yeah...guess your not going to be a good fit here then lol.
Reply Up