Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>At a Total Loss. 13 Month Old Not Napping
SunflowerMama 11:06 AM 02-04-2013
I have a 13 month old dck that I have been watching since he was less than a month old. Getting him on a schedule was pretty tough and he's had a lot of gastro issues since day 1. Just found out he has a milk allergy. He was napping fine up until Christmas. Twice a day about 2hrs each time. The last 2 weeks have been very hard. He's screaming at both his morning and afternoon naps and not sleeping well at all. He maybe slept 5 hrs last week and today is a repeat.

He was out after Christmas off and on 2 weeks with a few different things so I thought maybe it would just getting back into a routine but we're on week 2 of him being here every day and I wouln't think it would take that long to get him back on schedule.

I'm at a loss because it's waking other kids and it makes the day super long with cranky, sleep-deprived kids. And I know he's got to be miserable with no sleep.

Any thoughts??
Brooksie 11:15 AM 02-04-2013
I went through this with my daughter. She also has a very serious milk allergy. Most of the reason she had such a tough time napping and sleeping was bc she was uncomfortable and in pain. Definitely make sure he is able to sleep propped up (following licensing regulations) and I can tell you that helps A LOT. Also I found that if they're in the process of adjusting his diet it may also be affecting him. Another thing they might want to keep an eye out to help the problem is seeing if he is also soy sensitive. My daughter is and it makes it a lot more difficult to feed her, but once we cut BOTH of those things out ENTIRELY she started sleeping like an angel. Occasionally (she is now 2 and we've gotten pretty good at following the diet restrictions) she does have a bad night and that is almost always because she has gotten a hold of something that is hurting her stomach. I definitely understand our frustrations!!
Willow 11:20 AM 02-04-2013
Could he be sleeping too much at home?

Have you gotten a chance to ask the parents if they've noticed any similar regressions or could explain what's going on?

With his age is it's possible he's eating a larger variety of foods and others are upsetting him just like dairy does? Lots of times if kids have a sensitivity to one they'll tend to be sensitive to others as well.
Tags:won't sleep
Reply Up