Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sick policy
Unregistered 05:59 AM 03-14-2014
1.) I had been refunding DCF days that weren't used due to any reason. I need to stop that because short notice reasons mean I can't fill spot. I have previously stuck my foot in my mouth and said "yes it needs to change but I will deal with it in August" (to DCF).

2.) DCF brings DCB on today.
Dcm- you comfortable giving Tylenol?
Me- no, not unless *i* think its needed for teething
Dcm- ooooh. Well I have him some this am, she felt warm but was under... Normal... Under 99 [i had just sent out new illness policy, anything above 99.8 goes home] I think he was just uncomfortable

I don't want sick kids. Come the hell on. Wrong day to pull this. Baby is glassy eyed and exhausted.
Kabob 07:07 AM 03-14-2014
Sounds like it's time to build that backbone and update your policies and contracts (if needed). My policy says that if a child is unable to participate in daycare activities (i.e. is lethargic, crabby, etc) or needs medication (I.e. ibuprofen, acetaminophen) then they need to go home. Covers the whole "well they don't quite have a fever" deal.

But your best bet is to stick to your policies and smile as they take their sick child back out the door.

Also why do you have to wait until August?
Tags:illness policy - samples, paid sick days, provider accountability, refund policy
Reply Up