Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Im Probably Going Soft. Is It Unreasonable...
Heidi 03:23 PM 12-10-2013
To have a 1 year old play in the playroom by herself for about 10/15 minutes at the end of the day?

She's the last one out, and I usually start dinner. Until recently, she was content to sit in an excersaucer or chair nearby and do puzzles or something. Lately, she gets really crabby about it, so I've been putting her on the other side of the gate. Now she's hysterical. She has a room full of toys, but wants OUT. She's already had snack, so I am not going the crackers route. Besides, when she goes home, they have to either tag-team (dad cooks!) or go the crackers-in-the-highchair route. She'd be so full of crackers she wouldn't eat dinner.

She cannot be out, because she pulls everything out of cabinets, climbs things, tears things down, etc. She'd climb up the oven like a hamster.

So, I've been caving and going in there to play with her then getting her coat and shoes on just before arrival (this is pretty new behavior, and I haven't decided whether or not I'm being reasonable, which is where you come in). I really would like her to play independently for 10 minutes or so.

She'll be a year on Monday, btw.

Also: I accidently hit post before I was ready, so I went back and rewrote some of this. Sorry if that's confusing to anyone.
nannyde 03:40 PM 12-10-2013
What time of day is it?
Heidi 03:44 PM 12-10-2013
4:55 to 5:15 ISH

They get up from nap at 3-3:15, then it's diapers, snack, and me sitting on the floor with them until 4:55 or so (with some interruptions, of course). I like to be engaged with them when parents come. 4:25-4:55 But, then I'm kind of ready to move on from the floor time. They are baby toys, after all, not dcp toys.

Like I said, I used to set her up with something then, but lately she fusses and throws everything. So, the safe play area seemed like a better option.
providerandmomof4 04:00 PM 12-10-2013
If it were me, I'd probably just wait the 10-15 mins to start dinner until she gets picked up. It would be one thing if she could play in her saucer happily, but if she were hysterical...I'd just wait.
jenboo 04:06 PM 12-10-2013
I would leave her in the room. I would be talking to her while i was on the other side of the gate, especially when parents show up to pick up.
Heidi 04:14 PM 12-10-2013
Just to explain, the "room" is a playroom and a hallway and part of the kitchen/entry area. I have a super-yard that I basically move around to make as much or little confined space as I need. So, she can come within a foot of me, but not be on my side of the gate. They toys and play room, which she has access to, are about 6 or 7 feet behind her. This is the same area of the house she has access to whenever she is awake, except at mealtimes, when they are buckled in at the table in the dining room.

On "my side" of the gate is the kitchen (were I stand to cook) the dining room, and the living room.

Waiting until she leaves is an option. But, I have to admit that I feel a little resentful of that time. I'm basically held captive for 75 cents.

Before anyone suggests term...she is my favorite dck otherwise. She's a doll 99 percent of the time, and her family is awesome.
LaLa1923 04:36 PM 12-10-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Just to explain, the "room" is a playroom and a hallway and part of the kitchen/entry area. I have a super-yard that I basically move around to make as much or little confined space as I need. So, she can come within a foot of me, but not be on my side of the gate. They toys and play room, which she has access to, are about 6 or 7 feet behind her. This is the same area of the house she has access to whenever she is awake, except at mealtimes, when they are buckled in at the table in the dining room.

On "my side" of the gate is the kitchen (were I stand to cook) the dining room, and the living room.

Waiting until she leaves is an option. But, I have to admit that I feel a little resentful of that time. I'm basically held captive for 75 cents.

Before anyone suggests term...she is my favorite dck otherwise. She's a doll 99 percent of the time, and her family is awesome.
I'd just let her play in the room!!
melilley 04:47 PM 12-10-2013
Honestly, if she is right there by you, I would leave her there to play. It's the same if you were making lunch, right?

I have one dcb who is at my at my feet a lot of the time, wanting me to pick him up while I'm doing things. I don't have a gate to separate the kids from coming into the kitchen so I sometimes have to take him away from the kitchen, and into my family room. I have a few toys in there for the younger kids to play with while I'm cooking because I can't see them in the playroom.
He sometimes cries and comes back, but I keep moving him. There is no reason why he can't play, especially since I'm right there.
Blackcat31 04:50 PM 12-10-2013
Why is she hysterical?
Is it because she is confined or lacking access to you?

I guess I am not understanding what the issue is... Sometimes people cant go where they want and access the person they want. That's life.

I think she needs to learn that there will be many times in her life where she will be expected to entertain herself somewhere she doesn't necessarily want to be.

Waiting while her mother makes conversation with some else while out/about
Standing in line waiting her turn etc... There are thousands of scenarios that require those skills.

If I were in your shoes, i would try talking out loud to her while you continue to prepare dinner etc. reassure her you are still there, pop your head around the corner for some quick eye contact every so often and carry on like everything is fine and dandy.

After a couple days, she'll figure out that it is.
Heidi 04:55 PM 12-10-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Why is she hysterical?
Is it because she is confined or lacking access to you?

I guess I am not understanding what the issue is... Sometimes people cant go where they want and access the person they want. That's life.

I think she needs to learn that there will be many times in her life where she will be expected to entertain herself somewhere she doesn't necessarily want to be.

Waiting while her mother makes conversation with some else while out/about
Standing in line waiting her turn etc... There are thousands of scenarios that require those skills.

If I were in your shoes, i would try talking out loud to her while you continue to prepare dinner etc. reassure her you are still there, pop your head around the corner for some quick eye contact every so often and carry on like everything is fine and dandy.

After a couple days, she'll figure out that it is.
She won't tell me....

Thanks...I think I just needed permission...
nannyde 05:11 PM 12-10-2013
I have had this a lot with late departing kids. I have one I lay down from 415 to 445 and then up dressed and out the door at 450 to 5

Babies are fried by five. They just need a lil rest time before they leave.
Play Care 06:11 PM 12-10-2013
On one hand, I agree with Blackcat. But I really don't want parents coming to pick up seeing their child screaming while I'm making my families dinner In the past when I've had children this age I would buckle them in the high chair with some spoons, toys, etc. so they could "help" while I prepared a meal. I know some regs say no high chair unless eating, but our licensor did say to use the high chair while preparing meals is acceptable (though I don't think she had our own dinner in mind ) plus my own family is home at that time, my kids are trying to do homework and I couldn't have screaming.
spinnymarie 06:18 PM 12-10-2013
I agree with both sides - that I think she should be fine playing on her own and that I wouldn't want her screaming when her parents walked in.
Are there any toys that she loves or somethign new and interesting that you could save for those last few minutes for her? A bucket of water and some cups on a big towel (or I have ours in a little blow up pool)?
Great Beginnings 04:42 AM 12-11-2013
I think I would encourage free play more often. It sounds like she's being coddled and can't entertain herself which can lead to an entire mess of problems in the future.

I agree with Blackcat that she needs to learn she wont always have access and get what she wants. It is life.
Cradle2crayons 05:15 AM 12-11-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
On one hand, I agree with Blackcat. But I really don't want parents coming to pick up seeing their child screaming while I'm making my families dinner In the past when I've had children this age I would buckle them in the high chair with some spoons, toys, etc. so they could "help" while I prepared a meal. I know some regs say no high chair unless eating, but our licensor did say to use the high chair while preparing meals is acceptable (though I don't think she had our own dinner in mind ) plus my own family is home at that time, my kids are trying to do homework and I couldn't have screaming.
I think it's just a phase.... Like stranger anxiety.... Or parents leaving anxiety etc. I've noticed with my kiddos that around the 6,12,18 etc month times, they start behavior that is out of character for them but is normal otherwise. Usually they are just testing. It seems she's pitching a fit and getting the desired effect. At 12 months it's perfectly logical.

I'd explain to mom what's going on, reassure her it's a phase, and TELL her how I'm going to handle it. Which is exactly how YOU need it to be. Explain she may crie for a minute right at pickup but it wont be fatal for her to cry for a minute.

I'd totally do just as I had been doing. She has to learn that it will be as intends to be and she can't always get what she wants RIGHT when she wants it. IMHO this is going to open up more cans of worms because they learn early fit = get what they want.

What if every day right before pick up she did x y or z and you told her no and she pitched a fit etc.
Play Care 05:26 AM 12-11-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I think it's just a phase.... Like stranger anxiety.... Or parents leaving anxiety etc. I've noticed with my kiddos that around the 6,12,18 etc month times, they start behavior that is out of character for them but is normal otherwise. Usually they are just testing. It seems she's pitching a fit and getting the desired effect. At 12 months it's perfectly logical.

I'd explain to mom what's going on, reassure her it's a phase, and TELL her how I'm going to handle it. Which is exactly how YOU need it to be. Explain she may crie for a minute right at pickup but it wont be fatal for her to cry for a minute.

I'd totally do just as I had been doing. She has to learn that it will be as intends to be and she can't always get what she wants RIGHT when she wants it. IMHO this is going to open up more cans of worms because they learn early fit = get what they want.

What if every day right before pick up she did x y or z and you told her no and she pitched a fit etc.
For me the hang up is the provider is starting to make her families dinner during business hours. I completely understand why she is doing it (heck, my dinner is ready to go as soon as the last dck leaves) but I can see why a parent may have an issue with it. It would be different, in my mind, if the provider had another dck and was assisting them and the other child was throwing a fit for attention.
Heidi 05:53 AM 12-11-2013
For me the hang up is the provider is starting to make her families dinner during business hours. I completely understand why she is doing it (heck, my dinner is ready to go as soon as the last dck leaves) but I can see why a parent may have an issue with it. It would be different, in my mind, if the provider had another dck and was assisting them and the other child was throwing a fit for attention.
I think that's my hang-up, too. From my perspective, it's perfectly reasonable. I have ONE child here, after all. But, I could see a parent thinking "your letting my child cry while you make dinner? Isn't it your job to MAKE MY CHILD HAPPY?

I think I'll go back to putting her in her seat, but will try to rotate the toys I'm offering her from my stockpile. It really is her choice, though, if she tosses them and cries.

On a side note, I have two of these 1-year old (her and another-10 days apart), and they BOTH scream at the gate when I go to other side 50% if the time. The other times, they are fine with it.
JenNJ 05:57 AM 12-11-2013
Do you have little sensory bins? I use those before meals for my 1 & 2 year olds. I put them in the boosters at the table with the bins to play.

Or a playpen IN the kitchen with you?

It stinks. I would not want her screaming as her parents walked in but I would want to get dinner stared. There isn't an easy answer. If it was me, I would probably talk to her while she is in the gated portion of the play area and let her yell for a bit. About 10 minutes before mom came, I would do shoes, jacket, etc. I would extend that time slowly -- start her in earlier and remove her later. Like a minute a day when she isn't screaming.
cheerfuldom 05:59 AM 12-11-2013
I do start dinner with the last kid here and I dont personally feel bad about that. There is no reason why a child of one year old cant play on their own for 15 minutes. It would be the same scenario if I was cleaning the daycare room or otherwise occupied. I would let her cry or lay her down for some quiet time. It sounds like she is done for the day and would be fussy no matter what the provider was doing anyway. I am with nannyde on this one.
Blackcat31 06:05 AM 12-11-2013
Originally Posted by spinnymarie:
I agree with both sides - that I think she should be fine playing on her own and that I wouldn't want her screaming when her parents walked in.
Are there any toys that she loves or somethign new and interesting that you could save for those last few minutes for her? A bucket of water and some cups on a big towel (or I have ours in a little blow up pool)?
Oh, I don't mind. I actually like when that happens. Shows the parent what I am dealing with when their children haven't learned/mastered or are in the process of learning a new skill.

In this case, it would be a great way to demonstrate the necessity of boundaries and the ability (or inability) to entertain oneself.

I NEVER try and make the environment appear as anything but what it is. If kids are criers etc, then I don't try to hide that during drop off/pick ups.

When parents walk in at the end of the day, they will see nothing different that what they could or would see happening during the day.
SunnyDay 06:15 AM 12-11-2013
I had a similar situation, in my case I felt like my 1 year old was starting to get sad when she realized all of her friends were gone. I like the idea of having some special toys set aside for that time. My 1 year olds loved measuring cups, spoons, & bowls, so maybe you could just grab some of those for her. Good luck! :-)
Soccermom 06:28 AM 12-11-2013
Likely she is just really unhappy about being confined into one particular area.

I have a DCG who will play just fine in the playroom until I put up the gate. She completely freaks out the moment she sees me take it out LOL!

There is nothing wrong with leaving her to deal with her anxieties but if you find that it is just too much to listen to, you could always try coloring books and crayons, board books, blocks, etc...on the tray of the highchair. You could also try giving her some cooking utensils to play with in the highchair while you prepare your meal

Good luck!
Play Care 06:31 AM 12-11-2013
Oh, I don't mind. I actually like when that happens. Shows the parent what I am dealing with when their children haven't learned/mastered or are in the process of learning a new skill.

In this case, it would be a great way to demonstrate the necessity of boundaries and the ability (or inability) to entertain oneself.

I NEVER try and make the environment appear as anything but what it is. If kids are criers etc, then I don't try to hide that during drop off/pick ups.

When parents walk in at the end of the day, they will see nothing different that what they could or would see happening during the day.
I want to be clear that I never try to "hide" things from clients. If this was a child who was unhappy most of the day, crying, etc. then his/her parents would certainly be aware of it. In this case you have a 1 year old who is now at dc by herself. All her friends have been picked up. This is natural separation anxiety time. "All my friends are gone" "Is mommy coming?" "Will I be left?" Now, the provider shuts her out of the room she is in (illegal in my state, BTW) to start making dinner. I don't think the provider should have to play with her (I don't believe my job is to play with the kids) but I do think I would come up with a better plan for that time.
I also don't see many parents would view this as the child "learning" to self soothe, play independently, etc. They would view is as the provider taking care of personal business during work hours.
DaycareMom 06:56 AM 12-11-2013
Now, the provider shuts her out of the room she is in (illegal in my state, BTW) to start making dinner.
It's illegal to put a gate up so a child doesn't have access to certain things? Or it's illegal to NOT be in the same space as them?

I would definitely let the girl play in the room independently (as long as you can still see/hear her of course). I think she needs to learn to entertain herself. She will realize after a few days that her screaming isn't getting what she wants. I also like the idea of a special box of toys for her.

Good Luck!
Blackcat31 07:23 AM 12-11-2013
I want to be clear that I never try to "hide" things from clients. If this was a child who was unhappy most of the day, crying, etc. then his/her parents would certainly be aware of it. In this case you have a 1 year old who is now at dc by herself. All her friends have been picked up. This is natural separation anxiety time. "All my friends are gone" "Is mommy coming?" "Will I be left?" Now, the provider shuts her out of the room she is in (illegal in my state, BTW) to start making dinner. I don't think the provider should have to play with her (I don't believe my job is to play with the kids) but I do think I would come up with a better plan for that time.
I also don't see many parents would view this as the child "learning" to self soothe, play independently, etc. They would view is as the provider taking care of personal business during work hours.
I wasn't implying you hide anything....I hope you didn't take it that way.

I just meant, I don't try to ever make anything "ok" or calm just because a parent was present....kwim?

I also didn't mean parents would view their screaming child as learning anything, I meant...they could see how their child didn't have that ability and that they will need to work on that with them. Parents are the children's first and MOST important teachers.

I didn't think the OP meant a completely separate room....from her photos, it appears her layout is open although I could have misunderstood that.

It is NOT illegal in my state to have kids in different rooms than the provider is in. We are only required to be within sight OR sound.

If this child is the last one there or there without other playmates, I don't believe that is something the provider should have to make amends for..it is what it is and starting your family dinner while kids are present is a normal activity for most family providers. There are tons of posts on here daily about providers doing laundry or cleaning or baking etc that could all be considered personal or family chores but yet still get done during the day.

THAT is the different between family care and other situations. IMHO, the family part means the child will be cared for in a family-like environment, which often times includes time in which the provider manages or deals with family-like things.

Play Care 07:24 AM 12-11-2013
Originally Posted by DaycareMom:
It's illegal to put a gate up so a child doesn't have access to certain things? Or it's illegal to NOT be in the same space as them?

I would definitely let the girl play in the room independently (as long as you can still see/hear her of course). I think she needs to learn to entertain herself. She will realize after a few days that her screaming isn't getting what she wants. I also like the idea of a special box of toys for her.

Good Luck!
I can't gate a child in the room and leave the room - the concern is if we needed to evacuate and the child would be unable to. I do have gates to keep kids out of certain rooms.
Play Care 07:39 AM 12-11-2013
I wasn't implying you hide anything....I hope you didn't take it that way.

I just meant, I don't try to ever make anything "ok" or calm just because a parent was present....kwim?

I also didn't mean parents would view their screaming child as learning anything, I meant...they could see how their child didn't have that ability and that they will need to work on that with them. Parents are the children's first and MOST important teachers.

I didn't think the OP meant a completely separate room....from her photos, it appears her layout is open although I could have misunderstood that.

It is NOT illegal in my state to have kids in different rooms than the provider is in. We are only required to be within sight OR sound.

If this child is the last one there or there without other playmates, I don't believe that is something the provider should have to make amends for..it is what it is and starting your family dinner while kids are present is a normal activity for most family providers. There are tons of posts on here daily about providers doing laundry or cleaning or baking etc that could all be considered personal or family chores but yet still get done during the day.

THAT is the different between family care and other situations. IMHO, the family part means the child will be cared for in a family-like environment, which often times includes time in which the provider manages or deals with family-like things.

Admittedly I'm a little sensitive about this I do feel there is the perception that home providers are essentially letting the kids "go play" while they clean house, take care of business, etc. I'm not saying the OP does this - from her posts I know she does not. I also think with new regs and other programs it's clear many states are trying to get away from the "in home" aspect of in home care I can see the OP's parents complaining "Our baby cries all day long but every time we go the provider is making dinner!" FWIW, I see nothing wrong with prepping dinner, doing laundry, etc. I do this daily *with* the kids.
Heidi 07:46 AM 12-11-2013
I can't gate a child in the room and leave the room - the concern is if we needed to evacuate and the child would be unable to. I do have gates to keep kids out of certain rooms.
Sometimes I wonder what they're thinking when they write these regs. Like a one year old is going to "evacuate" the premises anyway. Besides, she's in the same room I am; just a gate between us. I can, and have, moved the gate to limit them to the playroom only on occasion, but typically don't.

Honestly, I think I'm just stressed overall. 4 infants/toddlers every day means SOMEONE IS ALWAYS CRYING, it seems. Everyone goes home except my "easiest" child, and then SHE cries.

Rationally, I get it. I just have to wait it out. They will get older, the youngest/toughest baby will get easier, it won't be dark at 4:30, and the winter will end eventually, leading to more outside time. By spring, it'll be a whole different ball game here.
Blackcat31 07:47 AM 12-11-2013
Admittedly I'm a little sensitive about this I do feel there is the perception that home providers are essentially letting the kids "go play" while they clean house, take care of business, etc. I'm not saying the OP does this - from her posts I know she does not. I also think with new regs and other programs it's clear many states are trying to get away from the "in home" aspect of in home care I can see the OP's parents complaining "Our baby cries all day long but every time we go the provider is making dinner!" FWIW, I see nothing wrong with prepping dinner, doing laundry, etc. I do this daily *with* the kids.
LOL! You KNOW I feel the same way....remember I am the one that ALWAYS posts about how unprofessional I feel it is to wear yoga pants to work....

I was trying to answer from OP's perspective. I know *most* family providers are in this field for much different reasons than I am and operate on a much more family-like level compared to me.

I have a hard time remembering that many providers DO operate as a family unit, including DCK's. Many providers do go above and beyond what's required and although that really isn't my style...I do try to keep that thought in the forefront of my mind while replying.

Anyways... Just wanted you to know I too am sensitive to the whole professionalism vs personal styles of caregiving and that there is always more than one right way to get the job done.
ColorfulSunburst 08:10 AM 12-11-2013
I just see a picture:The last 15 minutes of business hours in some shop. A seller is making her makeup before to finish work and go home. A customer asks her to give him some help but the seller answers, "it is the last 15 minutes of my work and I want to spend it for my makeup. Go and find what you need by yourself"

kwim?
Heidi 08:15 AM 12-11-2013
LOL! You KNOW I feel the same way....remember I am the one that ALWAYS posts about how unprofessional I feel it is to wear yoga pants to work....

I was trying to answer from OP's perspective. I know *most* family providers are in this field for much different reasons than I am and operate on a much more family-like level compared to me.

I have a hard time remembering that many providers DO operate as a family unit, including DCK's. Many providers do go above and beyond what's required and although that really isn't my style...I do try to keep that thought in the forefront of my mind while replying.

Anyways... Just wanted you to know I too am sensitive to the whole professionalism vs personal styles of caregiving and that there is always more than one right way to get the job done.
Out of necessity alone, I've changed how I do things too. If I had a separate daycare area (or house), I certainly wouldn't leave it to go make dinner. It's only because I don't (have a separate area) that I can.

There are a lot of "ifs" that make each situation unique. I've really taken MORE of a personal/family approach because that is what the market here dictates. Unfortunately, the "state" doesn't give a fig about what my customer want. They have their own agenda. Of course, we've already discussed that to death.

Edited to add: Now that I think about it, it's catch-22. The customer wants personalized, family care (because the centers here are gross, and I am not exaggerating), but the customer would not like their child having to wait while the provider attends to family stuff. Whether it's dinner, laundry, or whatever. Not saying this specific customer. She's a peach. I just also know she has a soft heart, and would probably never speak up if something bothered her.
nannyde 10:29 AM 12-11-2013
Originally Posted by ColorfulSunburst:
I just see a picture:The last 15 minutes of business hours in some shop. A seller is making her makeup before to finish work and go home. A customer asks her to give him some help but the seller answers, "it is the last 15 minutes of my work and I want to spend it for my makeup. Go and find what you need by yourself"

kwim?
I don't know if this is a comparable analogy. I charge four dollars an hour on top of my base rate for hours after three pm. If I had this child from 445 to 5 pm by herself I would be getting a dollar every day for that fifteen minutes. It's just not enough to pay me to do one to one care. We need to look at the salary per kid per hour and realize that the rate isn't enough to do that level of work. No other business would do that kind of one to one service for a buck a day or 5 bucks a week for 1.25 hours of one to one.

I am a BIG proponent of getting ALL household work done when the kids are on site and when they are awake. Nap time and after work time should be free for rest. Evening should be free for family and rest.

Now there are a few things I have done during nap. About two to four hours a week I have my assistant clean areas of my home that the kids don't use. Other than bathrooms, my room, my sons room and hallways, all the rest of the house is done while the kids are awake.

I cook on the weekend for my son. During the week I cook while the kids are awake. Supper is ready before they leave. Laundry is done and the kitchen is done.

There are a few key business decisions I made twenty years ago when I started doing child care that I attribute to the long and prosperous career in a field where most businesses fail within the first two years.

1) Get everything done that can be done while the kids are awake.
2) Protect nap time. I don't provide service to children who don't need a FULL afternoon nap.
3) Invest in toys that stand the test of time and do not require adult involvement to play.
4) Go play toys. From the day they can reach and bring toys to their mouth they play.
Heidi 10:42 AM 12-11-2013
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I don't know if this is a comparable analogy. I charge four dollars an hour on top of my base rate for hours after three pm. If I had this child from 445 to 5 pm by herself I would be getting a dollar every day for that fifteen minutes. It's just not enough to pay me to do one to one care. We need to look at the salary per kid per hour and realize that the rate isn't enough to do that level of work. No other business would do that kind of one to one service for a buck a day or 5 bucks a week for 1.25 hours of one to one.

I am a BIG proponent of getting ALL household work done when the kids are on site and when they are awake. Nap time and after work time should be free for rest. Evening should be free for family and rest.

Now there are a few things I have done during nap. About two to four hours a week I have my assistant clean areas of my home that the kids don't use. Other than bathrooms, my room, my sons room and hallways, all the rest of the house is done while the kids are awake.

I cook on the weekend for my son. During the week I cook while the kids are awake. Supper is ready before they leave. Laundry is done and the kitchen is done.

There are a few key business decisions I made twenty years ago when I started doing child care that I attribute to the long and prosperous career in a field where most businesses fail within the first two years.

1) Get everything done that can be done while the kids are awake.
2) Protect nap time. I don't provide service to children who don't need a FULL afternoon nap.
3) Invest in toys that stand the test of time and do not require adult involvement to play.
4) Go play toys. From the day they can reach and bring toys to their mouth they play.

There are constant, constant discussions about low wages, long hours, and other challenges of doing childcare. There needs to be a trade-off, IMO, or why do it? The love of children? nah. I liked my bank customers, too. They were, for them most part, very nice people.

I do childcare because it gives me and income AND allows me to take care of my family. It's definitely a challenge some days, but that's what I need out of it.
Reply Up