Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Asking to Use Potty at PU
KIDZRMYBIZ 03:07 PM 04-08-2016
Has anyone had this? I have a dck that will ask to use the potty when leaving. We have our last potty break about an hour before they go. I tried delaying it so it's only 30 min, but that was hard to do and it didn't keep dck from asking. For some reason dck often asks although they barely squeeze any out. Of course, this dcf is almost always the last to pick up, so I would really like to put an end to it. Suggestions?
ColorfulSunburst 03:20 PM 04-08-2016
send the child to the bathroom a couple minutes before his parents come.
Meeko 08:09 PM 04-08-2016
It's a control issue. The child wants to control the end of the day. I've had a few stallers in my time.

Take the child potty at the last possible moment...even if it means Mom stands on the the doorstep for a minute.

Then..."Oh hi Mom! Sorry for the wait! Snowflake was just going potty!"

Mom isn't going to buy that Snowflake needs to go again 10 seconds later and won't let the child go again (hopefully!)

If that doesn't work....just be honest and tell the parent this is a stall tactic for some reason and that Snowflake just went. Tell her you have things to do....so bye!
Indoorvoice 05:37 AM 04-09-2016
Oh yes, I've had a couple kids do that. I just say, "well, you better hurry up and go home then! My bathroom is closed for the day!" And I scoot them out the door. I don't play those stalling games anymore.
MissAnn 07:22 AM 04-09-2016
I had a 5 year old that pooped his pants every day as soon as his dad came. Of course he was also the last pick up of the day.
Leigh 02:50 PM 04-09-2016
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
I had a 5 year old that pooped his pants every day as soon as his dad came. Of course he was also the last pick up of the day.
I have a 4.5 yo who would hold it until Mom came, too. I told him he's too old for me to be changing him and had started having him change himself. He started pooping at pickup, thinking that he'd force me to change him. He potty trained himself after 3 weeks of changing himself.
Tags:potty
Reply Up