Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another form to include in registration
Country Kids 12:58 PM 08-06-2012
Shower release!

This is the second time I've had to shower the child after having an accident. I don't have time to call parent each time so I'm making a form up for all parents to sign. If they don't, well they will be coming to pick up the child and do what they need to.
Blackcat31 01:46 PM 08-06-2012
Showering/bathing is not an area I want to get into at all. Even if the kids is a complete mess, the most they are getting from me is a wet wipe bath...
Crazy8 01:52 PM 08-06-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Showering/bathing is not an area I want to get into at all. Even if the kids is a complete mess, the most they are getting from me is a wet wipe bath...
same here! I've done wet washcloths over the kitchen sink but that is it. Anything more requires a parent pick up.
Country Kids 02:01 PM 08-06-2012
Lets just say wet wipes wouldn't have worked, it would have taken way more then necessary. Clear down into the shoes but only on one side.

It took less time to shower then it would have to get ahold of parent and wait for them to get here-45 min at least. No way am I waiting that long especially with lunch needing to be done and naps.
Blackcat31 02:02 PM 08-06-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Lets just say wet wipes wouldn't have worked, it would have taken way more then necessary. Clear down into the shoes but only on one side.

It took less time to shower then it would have to get ahold of parent and wait for them to get here-45 min at least. No way am I waiting that long especially with lunch needing to be done and naps.
(insert vomit emoticon here)
itlw8 02:18 PM 08-06-2012
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
same here! I've done wet washcloths over the kitchen sink but that is it. Anything more requires a parent pick up.
gross I would not use that sink for food prep then...

I am lucky I have a shower in the childcare area. It has a hand held shower so I can quickly rince them off if needed. I don't see why I would need special permission though
Country Kids 02:29 PM 08-06-2012
Originally Posted by itlw8:
gross I would not use that sink for food prep then...

I am lucky I have a shower in the childcare area. It has a hand held shower so I can quickly rince them off if needed. I don't see why I would need special permission though
I want permission from the parents so that there is no question if the child would suddenly say something about me giving them a shower even if I told the parent. I want the parents to be forwarned that this may happen if there is a huge mess from accidents, vomiting.
Country Kids 02:31 PM 08-06-2012
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I'm only allowed to use the kitchen sink to wash my hands before food prep. So if we have been outside, helping with toilet training, changing diapers those types of hands have to be washed in the bathroom not the kitchen sink.
sharlan 02:41 PM 08-06-2012
I never thought of a shower release form.

We go to a local water park and the beach each week. I always give the younger kids a bath in the kitchen sink when we get home. (The sink is bleached before and after.) The older kids get a shower in the bathroom. I also give them a quick rinse off after swimming in my pool.
Country Kids 02:46 PM 08-06-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:

We go to a local water park and the beach each week. I always give the younger kids a bath in the kitchen sink when we get home. (The sink is bleached before and after.) The older kids get a shower in the bathroom. I also give them a quick rinse off after swimming in my pool.
My thought is just to cover myself!

If I need one to use sunscreen/water play why not a shower. I want to be ahead of the game not behind.
nanglgrl 08:23 PM 08-06-2012
Sharlan, do you have openings? Do you except women in their 30's? I want to come to your daycare...waterpark, beach, pool .
mema 10:55 AM 08-07-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:

Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
Sharlan, do you have openings? Do you except women in their 30's? I want to come to your daycare...waterpark, beach, pool .
I ditto nanglgrl! Sharlan I will be in your area next week, perhaps I will have to find you and join in on your fun!
Reply Up