Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CL Drama
KIDZRMYBIZ 08:54 AM 07-14-2015
Here is some (probably uncalled for) drama for another provider in my area. There are 2 previous posts that go with this one. Wow, I would be smoking mad if I was one of those DCFs with my first names and last initials posted there, no matter what the facts are.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/kid/5121367489.html
KIDZRMYBIZ 09:12 AM 07-14-2015
Here's the original. Somebody sure isn't afraid of repercussions.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/kid/5114502345.html
MaryF 09:23 AM 07-14-2015
Yikes. I live in this area too, and I didn't see these posts. I just flagged the original post. I can't believe it hasn't been taken down yet.
Shell 09:26 AM 07-14-2015
I might be in the minority opinion here, but if it's true and not just retaliation, good for her! And those parents should be ashamed for not paying attention to the number of kids in care.

I hope she shared this with licensing first, though.
Thriftylady 09:40 AM 07-14-2015
I am licensed for six, but can easily see having 10 or 12. Well maybe not in this small town. But if they are different shifts, or several of them are part time I can see how it could happen and still be legal. Someone needs to mind their own business. I wonder if any legal action can be taken against the poster.
mommyneedsadayoff 09:43 AM 07-14-2015
If what they say is true, then why go to craiglist to complain? Call the state and report and follow through. She will actually face repercussions from the state, not just the court of public opinions. It makes me think this person is seeking revenge and maybe does not have a leg to stand on???. I would be p!ssed if my info was put on craiglist!
Blackcat31 09:50 AM 07-14-2015
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
If what they say is true, then why go to craiglist to complain? Call the state and report and follow through. She will actually face repercussions from the state, not just the court of public opinions. It makes me think this person is seeking revenge and maybe does not have a leg to stand on???. I would be p!ssed if my info was put on craiglist!
It says the provider is unlicensed. A lot of states don't have repercussions for unlicensed providers. This state might but I know in my state you can't watch more than one family without a license but those that do aren't fined or held legally accountable in any way.

I guess I don't put much stock in anyone badmouthing me. I've been in this business long enough to know that anyone that does that type of things says more about them than it does about me so...

But that's kind of my philosophy in life too... to each their own. If you (general you) have issues with someone and cant work them out like an adult, you aren't much of an adult then and I have zero time for that.

Its rare that anyone in my area uses Craig's List because of stuff like this..... too unregulated and too full of silly drama.
MarinaVanessa 09:50 AM 07-14-2015
According to the response however it was an ex boyfriend out for retaliation and then the complainant posts again and doesn't deny it.

Sounds to me like it's someone that was close enough to the provider to have access to private business information so it has to be someone that had access into her home and financial records.

In regards to being over capacity and check are a form of "evidence" well I can see how having a high number of checks could make it seem like a person is over capacity but unless each check is from an individual family and they are all written for the same amount it doesn't mean she's over capacity.

Parents can each have their own checks and write out a separate check (mom one week then dad the next) and that could look like 2 different clients when it's actually just one child. Having part time kids could also make it to where you have multiple enrolled children but still be within capacity. 3 different kids 3 times a week and 3 different kids twice a week etc. If she offers drop-in care to fill her gaps that could also add to the number of enrolled kids but still keep her within ratios. If she offered early morning care for some children and evening care for others, child care on the weekends etc that could also add to the number of enrolled children in her daycare but still keep her within capacity.

I read the posts and it seems like someone is very angry at the provider, it sounds personal to me.

If she's within ratios I hope the provider lawyers up and goes after the person for slander, defamation of character, and for stealing private financial business information and private client information. I'd also try to get the clients who's names were listed in the posts on board because the person who posted has copies of the clients private canceled checks. If the provider advertises without openly including her personal information (name, address, telephone etc) then she may be able to claim that the person put her personal, business and the childrens safety at risk. If people call her she can probably claim that the actions caused harassment etc. That provider needs to lawyer up.
LysesKids 09:50 AM 07-14-2015
Originally Posted by Shell:
I might be in the minority opinion here, but if it's true and not just retaliation, good for her! And those parents should be ashamed for not paying attention to the number of kids in care.

I hope she shared this with licensing first, though.
I don't wish this on anyone & CL isn't the arena regardless of background

I had someone try & do this to me years ago; killed my Good reputation for a few months, but I was proven to be legal & in fact more so than a few others in my area ( I ran registered but acted as though I was fully licensed), just some ignorant & vengeful family smearing my name wherever they could, but it came back to bite them... I keep written records, signed contracts & receipts too. BTW, I do only infants, but in INDIANA I had 5-6 each shift (I ran 2 shifts)... very legal. Over a 3 year period ( which is what this provider is claiming) I too could have had 19 kids because I do infants only and they age out quickly. If I had been a parent whose name had been listed I would be furious
racemom 12:05 PM 07-14-2015
I guess I question why she closed up if this wasn't true. Not that it is right the way the original poster went about it, but if it wasn't true why did the second poster have to change daycares?
Unregistered 01:34 PM 07-14-2015
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I don't wish this on anyone & CL isn't the arena regardless of background

I had someone try & do this to me years ago; killed my Good reputation for a few months, but I was proven to be legal & in fact more so than a few others in my area ( I ran registered but acted as though I was fully licensed), just some ignorant & vengeful family smearing my name wherever they could, but it came back to bite them... I keep written records, signed contracts & receipts too. BTW, I do only infants, but in INDIANA I had 5-6 each shift (I ran 2 shifts)... very legal. Over a 3 year period ( which is what this provider is claiming) I too could have had 19 kids because I do infants only and they age out quickly. If I had been a parent whose name had been listed I would be furious

The fact they went on CL to wage a campaign versus calling the state called it out as nonsense. I don't think CL is going to ruin anyone's reputation, plus once it's flagged or continually that's pretty much it.

Since she doesn't have to be licensed, and even if she were over limit she would merely need to drop some and that's about all that is done. I've known a lot of ladies do daycare in my area, and no one has had nineteen unless they have assistants so another red flag imo.

A few years back on CL a provider called a bad parent out, and posted all the horrible stuff she did and her name. Then she proceeded to talk about how bad the child was, and then below posted his picture. It was pretty funny (though crazy), the poor kid was sitting in a corner looking like he got caught doing something bad, and he had these coke bottles glasses on. That's probably one of the more entertaining posts on CL I've seen.
LysesKids 01:56 PM 07-14-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
The fact they went on CL to wage a campaign versus calling the state called it out as nonsense. I don't think CL is going to ruin anyone's reputation, plus once it's flagged or continually that's pretty much it.

Since she doesn't have to be licensed, and even if she were over limit she would merely need to drop some and that's about all that is done. I've known a lot of ladies do daycare in my area, and no one has had nineteen unless they have assistants so another red flag imo.

A few years back on CL a provider called a bad parent out, and posted all the horrible stuff she did and her name. Then she proceeded to talk about how bad the child was, and then below posted his picture. It was pretty funny (though crazy), the poor kid was sitting in a corner looking like he got caught doing something bad, and he had these coke bottles glasses on. That's probably one of the more entertaining posts on CL I've seen.
In my case they went everywhere online except CL... 2 professors from out of the country no less. Backfired when the University found out what they did to me - just looking at the Drop-in contract they signed, cleared me lol
Tags:craigslist, drama
Reply Up