Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>feeding supplies
athomemommy 05:04 AM 06-18-2012
I had been using glass plates, cups, and bowls as a way to teach them to be careful with the dishes and feel like the real thing. I would have them wash them too. We got away from that and went with disposable. I feel like that is too much throwing away and too much money out. So now I am looking at plastic reusable. We are adding kids and I am trying to figure out which way to go. How do you do it? I have given everyone a shape. I wanted to give a color but couldn't find eight color cups, plates, and bowls.

Please let me know you do meals.
SilverSabre25 05:18 AM 06-18-2012
Plastic plates (the Munchkin brand ones)--I have three sets and no assigned colors or anything.

Bowls--I use glass custard cups because they're cheap, sturdy, and the perfect size.

Cups--Take n Toss with no lids.

Utensils--as assortment of kid/baby plastic and metal stuff that I inherited from my sister.

If we didn't use Ikea dishes as play kitchen dishes, then I would DEFINITELY have several sets of those as kid dishes/utensils!
countrymom 06:25 AM 06-18-2012
plastic dishes all the way. I buy them either at ikea or tupperware. heck even my own older kids use plastic.
Reply Up