Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OMG Poop
Mom o Col 09:56 AM 09-04-2014
Don't ask how it happened because I don't know. For the love of God don't criticize me for it. Just let me vent. So one of my day care kids pooped in his pants while we were outside. Before I even knew he had pooped he took the pants off. Ok, no big deal, right? Here's where it gets bad. I cleaned him up, bagged his undies and thought we'd go on about our day. Nope. Apparently there was poop in my yard and the other kids stepped in it, drove a doll stroller through it, and got it on my driveway. It was a disaster. I seriously didn't know where to begin the clean up. I didn't even know HOW to clean up. I ended up sitting the kids on the deck and spraying the driveway and guiding the poop towards the edges of the lawn and the road. It smells so bad out there. I have no idea if this was the best way to clean up the driveway and yard. I can't get the smell out of my nose. I'm sorry this is so gross. I almost posted this on facebook but no one there would understand. I called my mom (yup, I'm a baby) and almost started crying. Please, just let this day end.
SignMeUp 10:04 AM 09-04-2014
Oh, crap

It's all good. The smell will go away eventually. And it's not in your house
If it's solid, I suppose you could use a plastic bag, like dog owners do
melilley 10:10 AM 09-04-2014

Something similar happened to me before, except it was in my house and I stepped in it, slipped, and almost fell!
NeedaVaca 10:13 AM 09-04-2014
Sounds like you are having a really crappy day

How about a cleaning product on your driveway? Rinse with water to help with the smell?
llpa 10:13 AM 09-04-2014
Thank goodness it didn't happen inside
At least outside its off the hard surfaces and smell will dissipate. You can scrub the stroller etc. It's not in anyone's hair etc. Vent away if it is firm tho I would pick it up in a bag and get rid of it.
Thriftylady 10:16 AM 09-04-2014
I agree if it smells that bad you are just lucky it was outside! I know that doesn't make you feel better right now, but later it will. Have a coke at nap time, you deserve it!
Shell 10:38 AM 09-04-2014
Oh, I've had a very similar incident, but it was in the playroom, down the hallway, and dragged through a bathroom via pee soaked socks. Just spray some Lysol and Hose it down, it should smell better soon. When I told dcm what happened, she really didn't care or apologize. This is twice today I have mentioned this dcm in two different posts- she really was one for the records!
midaycare 10:40 AM 09-04-2014
That is ... really crappy. Oh my gosh. I can't help it. This made me so hard! I almost woke up the kids at nap!

I feel your pain. I've been in a poopy situation with a sick dcg and diarrea. It was all over our dollhouse.
Mom o Col 10:54 AM 09-04-2014
Seriously, ladies, you made me feel so much better. The kids are all asleep and I just gave myself a mani/pedi.
daycarediva 11:21 AM 09-04-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Sounds like you are having a really crappy day

How about a cleaning product on your driveway? Rinse with water to help with the smell?
I just laughed so hard at this! LOL!

I would squirt some dish soap (antibacterial) and hose it all down again, for good measure.

EW!!!!!!
AmyKidsCo 03:20 PM 09-04-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I would squirt some dish soap (antibacterial) and hose it all down again, for good measure.
That's what I'd do too.

Could be worse - On the last day of school last year my hubby's colleague found poop on the floor of her 5th grade classroom. Apparently a 5th grader pooped his pants, jiggled the turd down his pants leg, then walked away...
Tags:poopy
Reply Up