Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My DDs Are Off at School & Now Im Bored
DaisyMamma 07:12 AM 09-18-2014
So
Painfully
Bored

My younger DD was so bad with the daycare and kept me on my toes and stressed!
I couldn't wait for K but now I don't know what to do with myself
VTMom 08:03 AM 09-18-2014
I used to be the same way when my kids first started school. I couldn't wait for them to come home. Give it a couple years. It may switch, like it did for me, to when you look forward to that bus coming to take them away! Don't get me wrong, I still look forward to them coming home in the afternoon. I just appreciate my "kids at school" time a bit more!

deliberateliterate 11:21 AM 09-18-2014
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
So
Painfully
Bored

My younger DD was so bad with the daycare and kept me on my toes and stressed!
I couldn't wait for K but now I don't know what to do with myself
Me too, except both my DD and DS both started going all day at the same time. When they're here, it's chaotic and loud, but as soon as they get on the bus and I wave goodbye, I just want them back again. All my DCKs are young, so I have no one to talk to, and as much as I couldn't wait for school to start, I miss them both terribly.
Shell 11:39 AM 09-18-2014
This is exactly how I feel. Ds is only in pre-k (pt), but when he isn't here, I just feel lost- like I don't know what to do with myself. My ds is a little terror at the daycare, but he keeps me busy/frustrated, but I love him to pieces I was beginning to think I might not do this job past when my youngest goes to K- I mean, I love kids, but just love being with mine more.
DaisyMamma 10:10 AM 09-19-2014
I'm glad to know I'm not alone.
I knew I'd be bored this fall, but didn't expect the full kindergarten empty nest syndrome since I have other kids here, but , they aren't mine.
Reply Up