Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Time for Cameras
Baby Beluga 11:39 AM 03-21-2018
I have thought about getting cameras for a while, and the time is now. I keep reading of providers who are blamed for things and they did not do and it makes me incredibly uneasy. So, I am investing in cameras. I would like to have 2 inside my classroom and 2 in our backyard. I would like to be able to turn the cameras off outside of business hours and would like to save the footage off the cloud.

Any recommendations?
Unregistered 11:48 AM 03-21-2018
I use Clever Dog. Very simple to install and maintain. I do not allow access for my families-they are simply to cover my booty.
Blackcat31 12:31 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I have thought about getting cameras for a while, and the time is now. I keep reading of providers who are blamed for things and they did not do and it makes me incredibly uneasy. So, I am investing in cameras. I would like to have 2 inside my classroom and 2 in our backyard. I would like to be able to turn the cameras off outside of business hours and would like to save the footage off the cloud.

Any recommendations?
Some more threads on video cameras
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...=video+cameras

I have them inside and outside. I started with just 4 outside and 2 inside but now have over a dozen cameras for ALL areas of my home and yard.

I have them in place for MY liability only.
Baby Beluga 04:37 PM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Some more threads on video cameras
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...=video+cameras

I have them inside and outside. I started with just 4 outside and 2 inside but now have over a dozen cameras for ALL areas of my home and yard.

I have them in place for MY liability only.
Thank you for the link!

Yes, these will be for my eyes only. Those with cameras, do you have parents ask to view them? My parents are nosy and as soon as they see it they will ask about them. You should have heard the questions I got when I installed a driveway alarm.

I figured I would say something along the lines of for safety reasons I installed them and for privacy reasons parents are not allowed to view the footage.
Blackcat31 06:33 AM 03-22-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Thank you for the link!

Yes, these will be for my eyes only. Those with cameras, do you have parents ask to view them? My parents are nosy and as soon as they see it they will ask about them. You should have heard the questions I got when I installed a driveway alarm.

I figured I would say something along the lines of for safety reasons I installed them and for privacy reasons parents are not allowed to view the footage.
I was pre-emptive and explained beforehand the reason for the cameras and the reason why NO ONE other than myself (and my licensor and/or law enforcement should it be necessary) will ever be allowed to view video footage. period. Don't even ask.

I haven't had a single comment, request or conversation about them since.
Baby Beluga 10:35 AM 03-22-2018
Thank you BC. Maybe preemptive warnings will word off concerned questions.
Tags:cctv, security cameras, video cameras, video monitors
Reply Up