Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2yo Girl's Clothing
ABCDaycareMN 06:33 AM 04-30-2013
My 2 to dcg is a big girl not fat by any means just a big girl. Her parents have her in 2t pants and 3t shirts.

I can barely get dogs pants up on her they are so tight. When she wears jeans they are so tight i cant get them up to stay on her. and he cannot bend over. or spread her legs enough to go down stairs.She was complaining of her sleeve on her shirt yesterday.

Her parents want her to be potty trained but she just isn't ready at least at my house. She can't pull her own clothes down and up.

I just feel like its an uncomfortable conversation to have with her parents. Maybe they will go up a size for summer???

Any suggestions?
SilverSabre25 06:36 AM 04-30-2013
ouch, i hurt for the poor thing! It sounds like it's a pretty serious case of 'too small' going on, enough to warrant a conversation with the parents.

How "two" is she? Closer to three or newly two?

honestly 2T pants and 3T shirts don't sound unreasonable, and if she's larger than 3's and 4's aren't unreasonable either.
ABCDaycareMN 06:39 AM 04-30-2013
She was 2 in Nov.
SilverSabre25 06:39 AM 04-30-2013
Another thought--if they are wanting her to potty train, you could craft a "letter" that addresses potty training at your house, and include some drivel about "dressing for success--clothes that fit on the loose side are essential, as are clothes the child can manage independently, such as elastic waist pants/shorts and simple T-shirts (that won't get in the way when they sit down)"

and, in addition, (perhaps separated by a week or so), the conversation about proper fit really, really is warranted. "Hey, DCM, I noticed that dcg grew recently! She's really uncomfortable in these pants. She's been complaining about it, and I don't blame her! She needs to get into a better fitting size, okay? I think Once Upon a Child is having a sale this weekend! "
Cradle2crayons 06:41 AM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
and, in addition, (perhaps separated by a week or so), the conversation about proper fit really, really is warranted. "Hey, DCM, I noticed that dcg grew recently! She's really uncomfortable in these pants. She's been complaining about it, and I don't blame her! She needs to get into a better fitting size, okay? I think Once Upon a Child is having a sale this weekend! "
Lol silver I always love seeing your quoted ideas for parents lol
daycarediva 09:59 AM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Another thought--if they are wanting her to potty train, you could craft a "letter" that addresses potty training at your house, and include some drivel about "dressing for success--clothes that fit on the loose side are essential, as are clothes the child can manage independently, such as elastic waist pants/shorts and simple T-shirts (that won't get in the way when they sit down)"

My 2yo dcg needs a 4 atleast for length, but maybe an 18m at the waist. I think I have Mom talked into going with sundresses/long shirts with leggings underneath from here on out, otherwise she either has on high waters, or you can see her underwear 90% of the day.
Reply Up