Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Letter Wording Help Please!
mbullette 08:44 AM 02-19-2014
I just have a quick question. I have been providing in home childcare for almost 5 years now. From day one I have not traveled with the kids. All of my families have mentioned several times they love that I dont take the kids places. My youngest is going to be starting 4k in fall which means I am going to have to drive him to school and pick him up. We all know that means the kids I have in care will be going in the car with me. There is no bus transportation in my area so that is not an option. I am planning to write my current families a letter and give it to them soon.
Have any of you dealt with this and what did you write in the letter? I am only planning to take him to and from school. I will also be providing a car seat for each child so parents dont need to worry. I would rather buy them new and know they have not been in an accident.
Thanks for your help!
Second Home 08:53 AM 02-19-2014
I have a transportation form that states I may / will transport children to my children's 3 schools . I will use state approved carseats and guidelines . If they do not want their child transported then they can pick their child up in the event that one of my kids is sick and I need to get them from school . If they do not want to do that then need to look for a different provider.
LadyPearl 09:09 AM 02-19-2014
I have a transportation permission form in my initial paperwork. I require it in the case that I need to pick up one of mine from school. I drive now but won't in the near future. I will still have the permissions signed in the event that I need to drive somewhere.
daycare 09:10 AM 02-19-2014
I would just tell them what you are telling us. It sounds like it is not a choice for them or you.

I would however not tell them until about 1 month before this arrangement is supposed to start.

DCP,

Starting XX date i will be transporting my own child to and from school. This means that all children in care during the times that I will need to drop off or pick up my child must be transported with us. I will provide a carseat for each child and have obtained sufficient auto coverage to transport all children.
Attached is a transportation wavier for you to sign, please return by XXX date.
As always, should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to talk with me
YOur DCP.

I would not give them any choices, as you don't have any yourself. I would be prepared for some parents to pull their children if they don't like the idea.
jenn 09:27 AM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
I would just tell them what you are telling us. It sounds like it is not a choice for them or you.

I would however not tell them until about 1 month before this arrangement is supposed to start.

DCP,

Starting XX date i will be transporting my own child to and from school. This means that all children in care during the times that I will need to drop off or pick up my child must be transported with us. I will provide a carseat for each child and have obtained sufficient auto coverage to transport all children.
Attached is a transportation wavier for you to sign, please return by XXX date.
As always, should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to talk with me
YOur DCP.

I would not give them any choices, as you don't have any yourself. I would be prepared for some parents to pull their children if they don't like the idea.
You might include the time you will be gone in case that interferes with anydrop off/pick up times.
mbullette 10:29 AM 02-19-2014
Thank you so much. I have no choice come fall so they either go along with it or find someone else. I am not worried about them leaving but you just never know. Thank you for all your help.
Blackcat31 10:36 AM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by mbullette:
Thank you so much. I have no choice come fall so they either go along with it or find someone else. I am not worried about them leaving but you just never know. Thank you for all your help.
Would you be able to hire an assistant to help out? Either at the daycare with the other kids while you do a school run or to do the school run for you?

I totally understand having to do this, but as a parent, I specifically chose the provider I did because she did NOT transport.

If my provider changed gameplay during the game, I would pull my child and find alternate care.

NOTHING personal against the provider, just MY personal needs....kwim?

Do you think any of your parents will have an issue with this?

Honestly, I would try and give them as much notice as possible.... that way you know who's spaces and how many you may be needing to fill verses scrambling all at once to fill any possible vacancies.
Reply Up