Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>More PT than in the Past?
AmyKidsCo 12:29 PM 04-17-2015
Is anyone else enrolling more part timers than in the past? In the 20 years I've been FCC I've rarely had part timers, but right now I have 3 FT, 2 MWF, 1 WThF, 1 MF and 1 Th only. CRAZY!
DaveA 12:33 PM 04-17-2015
I don't do PT kids but I've seen an increase in number of calls about it the last few years.
AmyKidsCo 12:48 PM 04-17-2015
I don't usually but the MWF kids are my grandkids, the WThF actually pays FT but only attends PT, and the others are filling in open spaces I'd never be able to fill anyway. I've been getting more calls for PT than in the past too.
spinnymarie 01:09 PM 04-17-2015
We were just discussing if we should offer PT...
Maybe yes, seeing this.
Controlled Chaos 01:23 PM 04-17-2015
In my area, it is the families where grandparents and other family are willing to help out a few days a week but not all. That is over half my families. I love it. They tend not too stress about my rate (higher than local average) since they only pay for a few days, they have great emergency back up and I get a diferent mix of kiddos each day Keeps us all fresh.
daycare 01:41 PM 04-17-2015
yes I have...I had open house a few weeks back..Had a great turn out.

Out of about 18 families that came, I only had 4 FT inquiries...WHich is fine with me. I like my PT kids..... when they drive me crazy on monday I know I get a break from them the next day...lol
spedmommy4 08:10 PM 04-17-2015
I only have 1 full timer. The rest are PT kiddos. Most calls I get are for part time care.
Sugar Magnolia 06:41 AM 04-18-2015
In the fall, I am doing an advertising campaign that will emphasize part time availability. I had a mom tell me that full-day, part time care is very rare, most places only offer half-day options. I charge more for this service, its in high demand in my area.
Crazy8 09:49 AM 04-18-2015
I have always had a decent amount of part time calls but now it seems that is ALL I get - which is fine by me. I make more per day off a part timer and I currently have fridays off due to a few Mon-Thurs clients so I love my part timers!!!! But yes, I am finding more people are looking at alternatives to paying for full time daycare if they can.
Reply Up