Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gonna miss these 2 little girls :(
Josiegirl 03:09 AM 05-30-2015
Both have teachers for parents and will be starting school in the fall, so they won't be back. I really have enjoyed having them here. They're real sweethearts and adorable, are the rule followers and I'm just gonna miss 'em to pieces.
Does anyone have suggestions for something I could do for them or give them as a special 'going away' gift? Or something like that??
I know for their last day together here, we'll be having a make your own sundae day but other than that.....

Hardest part of working with children is when they leave ya
Luvnmykidz 05:57 AM 05-30-2015
Do you take photos of the activities you all do? I have sent my kiddos away with memory books and a page for friends to write messages, draw pictures or just write their name and a new copy of there favorite storybook. In the cover right them a little message from you.
Sunchimes 07:31 AM 05-30-2015
I like to make them pillowcases. I use fabric prints with one of their favorite things (Batman, dancing, etc.) On the border, I machine embroider their name and a few other favorite things. They take no more than an hour to make, and everyone loves them.
Josiegirl 02:10 PM 05-30-2015
I'm not very crafty. The pillowcases sound adorable but mine would surely end up a pinterest fail type thing.
I haven't taken many pictures in the past year because my favorite camera broke and this new one I bought at Thanksgiving time...I haven't exactly figured it all out yet. But my dd is home now so maybe she can help. I know other dcks that have left and I've made collages of all the pictures I've taken of them throughout their time here.
Thanks for the ideas!
e.j. 03:00 PM 05-30-2015
I give my kids photo albums, too. They seem to really love looking through them. I also use fabric paint to trace the child's hand print and each of their friends here at day care on a plain canvas tote bag. I buy the bags at Walmart or Michael's; they come in a set of maybe 3 or 4 for about $10 or $12 maybe. I put a coloring book and crayons and/or favorite book inside.
Josiegirl 06:03 PM 05-30-2015
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I give my kids photo albums, too. They seem to really love looking through them. I also use fabric paint to trace the child's hand print and each of their friends here at day care on a plain canvas tote bag. I buy the bags at Walmart or Michael's; they come in a set of maybe 3 or 4 for about $10 or $12 maybe. I put a coloring book and crayons and/or favorite book inside.
Thank you, that sounds like a good idea too!
Reply Up