Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quick Pee Question
CityGarden 11:19 AM 11-02-2017
dcb went pee on himself, another student and 10-13 picture books..... what do I do with the books? I am feeling like I have to throw them all away but some are quite nice hard back books. Advice?
Blackcat31 11:28 AM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
dcb went pee on himself, another student and 10-13 picture books..... what do I do with the books? I am feeling like I have to throw them all away but some are quite nice hard back books. Advice?
If the books are wipeable, I'd use an antibacterial wipe (Clorox or Lysol) on them. A couple times over.

If they are paper books and not wipeable, I'd toss them out.

Mom2Two 11:41 AM 11-02-2017
Wow, how old is he?
amberrose3dg 12:14 PM 11-02-2017
I'm not sure I want to know how that even happened.
Baby Beluga 12:22 PM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
If the books are wipeable, I'd use an antibacterial wipe (Clorox or Lysol) on them. A couple times over.

I would do this, add in a good coat of lysol spray and set them in the sun to dry.
MarinaVanessa 02:59 PM 11-02-2017
I'd try to disinfect the ones that were like board books or had hard covers but if they were paperback or the pages got urine on them I'd toss them.
Pestle 07:43 AM 11-03-2017
The loss of the books is sad, but when you think about it, no situation that merits the title "Quick Pee Question" is going to have a good answer.
CityGarden 09:16 AM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I'd try to disinfect the ones that were like board books or had hard covers but if they were paperback or the pages got urine on them I'd toss them.
I wiped the hardback books with cleaning wipes and kept those.... the rest I tossed.
CityGarden 09:18 AM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Wow, how old is he?
almost three
CityGarden 09:23 AM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
I'm not sure I want to know how that even happened.
LOL I know.... I have a book nook and this little dcb likes to take out several books at once and he will sit and look at them all for 30+ minutes often. Sadly he went pee and poop on himself while doing so yesterday. Mom feels he is regressing due to an new injury with dad.
daycarediva 09:23 AM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by Pestle:
The loss of the books is sad, but when you think about it, no situation that merits the title "Quick Pee Question" is going to have a good answer.
right!?

I want to know how this happened.
CityGarden 09:23 AM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I would do this, add in a good coat of lysol spray and set them in the sun to dry.
I used lysol wipes but not spray.... did put them in the sun.
CityGarden 09:24 AM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by Pestle:
So true
Unregistered 06:28 PM 11-04-2017
From the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be a quick question posted during the OP’s pee break... 😂😂😂
Tags:peeing, wetting clothes
Reply Up