Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-31-2020, 04:16 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Question What Are You Reading?

According to researchers at the Mindlab International at the University of Sussex, reading for just six minutes can help reduce stress levels by up to 68 percent.

The study found that participants who read after having their stress elevated became more relaxed than participants who tried other stress relievers, like walking or listening to music.

So, to that end, what are you reading?
Old 03-31-2020, 04:49 AM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

It's a pretty odd mix. Fiction tends to be Louis L'amour westerns or historical fiction. I like simple escapist quick reads. Otherwise it tends to be how to. Last couple have been Jet Tila's cookbooks and a book detailing Bob Loveless's (knifemaking legend) methods and techniques.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:10 AM
Daycare.com Member

I read every night.
I'm going through my Stephen King collection again. Currently reading The Dome.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:48 AM
Daycare.com Member

I just started “The Boy From the Woods” by Harlan Coben. I’ve been listening to my books on Audible, so I can knit at the same time.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:03 AM
Childcare Provider

I read on here!
Old 03-31-2020, 10:42 AM
Daycare.com Member

Outlander, book 6.

I'm going to grab Stephen King's early release, too.

Reading is my stress reliever for sure!
Old 03-31-2020, 12:28 PM

The Killer Across The Table - John Douglas
The Billionaire Murders - Kevin Donovan

I frequently read several books simultaneously!
Old 03-31-2020, 01:08 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
Outlander, book 6.

I'm going to grab Stephen King's early release, too.

Reading is my stress reliever for sure!
I loved the Outlander series, but can't stand Stephen King.

I started re-reading the J.D. Robb "In Death" series in November. I've read them all already, but don't remember all of the details - including who the murderer is.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:52 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Home View Post
I read every night.
I'm going through my Stephen King collection again. Currently reading The Dome.
I read all the time and until the local library closed, I was there every week getting my armful for the week. Now I'm a little lost rereading many of my books on the shelf. Good thing I have quite a collection.
I loved The Dome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockgirl View Post
I just started “The Boy From the Woods” by Harlan Coben. I’ve been listening to my books on Audible, so I can knit at the same time.
Is that a good book? He's one of my favorite authors and I haven't read that one yet.

ATM I'm reading Courting Trouble by Lisa Scottoline. Like her a lot too.

I was going through the library's collection of James Patterson; seems I'd never read any of his before. Odd.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:43 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
I read all the time and until the local library closed, I was there every week getting my armful for the week. Now I'm a little lost rereading many of my books on the shelf. Good thing I have quite a collection. I loved The Dome!
Did you ever get your new cell phone? If so, you might be able to borrow books from your library using the OverDrive app. You could also get the Kindle app for your phone and download free books from Amazon. I joined BookBub and they send me a list of low cost and free books every day that I can download.

I haven't used the OverDrive app yet so I'm not sure how easy/hard it is to use but the Kindle app is very easy. I would imagine OverDrive is probably similar. I'm tech-challenged, too, but was able to figure it out so I bet you could, too!
Old 04-01-2020, 03:54 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.j. View Post
Did you ever get your new cell phone? If so, you might be able to borrow books from your library using the OverDrive app. You could also get the Kindle app for your phone and download free books from Amazon. I joined BookBub and they send me a list of low cost and free books every day that I can download.

I haven't used the OverDrive app yet so I'm not sure how easy/hard it is to use but the Kindle app is very easy. I would imagine OverDrive is probably similar. I'm tech-challenged, too, but was able to figure it out so I bet you could, too!
Not yet. Mine is still hanging in there which I can't believe. Procrastination is my middle name. But thank you for that info; I might need it sooner than later.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:24 AM

I am reading "Silent Warfare" by Abram Shulsky and Gary Schmitt. l needed a change of topic. Badly. I am really enjoying it, interesting.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:43 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post

Is that a good book? He's one of my favorite authors and I haven't read that one yet.
So far it’s good! I really liked ‘Run Away’ by him.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
I am reading "Silent Warfare" by Abram Shulsky and Gary Schmitt. l needed a change of topic. Badly. I am really enjoying it, interesting.
Ah this is my kind of book! I am going to look into it.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
Ah this is my kind of book! I am going to look into it.
I also got the book amazon suggested based on my interest in it. That is the one I will probably be able to start by Friday night. - "Fair Play" by James Olson.

https://smile.amazon.com/Fair-Play-M...5825655&sr=8-1

https://smile.amazon.com/Silent-Warf...qid=1585825769
Old 04-02-2020, 06:19 AM

Other than continuous and lengthy updates from the department of health and licensing I have been trying to catch up on the books I have sitting on my tablet just waiting to be read...

The ones I am looking forward to starting most are the last few Stephen King books, a couple by Janet Evanovich, Stuart Woods and several Lisa Scottoline books.

I have a HUGE list of "to read" books but those are my usual go-to authors that I tend to reach for when I want to lose myself in something other than reality.

Tags
books, happiness, health, reading, stress